*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
CSM exists to create impact by challenging convention. We do this because it produces work for our clients that is more meaningful, memorable and measurable.
Our diversity of experience, expertise and opinions is our greatest asset, which is why we celebrate our differences. We are looking for individuals who want to put their hand up and challenge convention to create something exciting, bigger and better each and every time.
CSM’s creative department is looking for a Junior Graphic Designer to work with our band of multidisciplinary designers, thinkers, and tinkerers. This person will have the opportunity to contribute directly to projects that range from big, stunty experiences and fully integrated marketing campaigns to small branding projects. Applicants must be grounded thinkers, be receptive to feedback, and understand that gaining experience means sometimes doing the mundane.
We like people who have a wide-range of interests but with specific passions (i.e. logos, illustration, etc.), are attuned to culture—low to high-brow, have more questions than answers, and think about design as something that fundamentally shifts how we interact with the world-at-large.
- Providing catch-all design support for the creative design team
- Creating elements for events and marketing campaigns ranging from logos to collateral to digital graphics to signage to spaces and environments
- Learning and taking direction from an array of designers, art directors, creative directors and creative strategists
- Expanding your knowledge of graphic design and learning the ins and outs of spatial/environmental design
- Being an invested contributor to a culture of collaboration and openness within the company and department
- Strong typographic and layout skills
- Understanding of how to create print and digital ready files
- Command of fundamental design principles (color, composition, and hierarchy)
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, with a focus in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Knowledge of presentation software, including PowerPoint and Keynote
- Organized and detail oriented to efficiently and accurately deal with large number of deliverables on a daily basis
- Possesses the ability to move between widely varying projects, both stylistically and technically, in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Adept at communication and maintaining a professional demeanor
- Comfortable researching production questions/technical specifications to ensure all work is being produced correctly for printing and/or digital environment
- Experience in motion, 3D rendering, video and photography is a plus
To apply, please include a cover letter that mentions one or two of your favorite projects and why, a link to your portfolio and resume.