*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
CSM is a full service, integrated marketing agency with US headquarters in New York City. We concept, create, and activate experiences that bring brands and consumers together.
CSM exists to create impact by challenging convention. We do this because it produces work for our clients that is more meaningful, memorable and measurable.
Our diversity of experience, expertise and opinions is our greatest asset, which is why we celebrate our differences. We are looking for individuals who want to put their hand up and challenge convention to create something exciting, bigger and better each and every time.
Our creative team is seeking an Associate Creative Director, who is a skilled multidisciplinary designer that can conceptualize extraordinary ideas and translate them to tangible experiences without compromising the integrity of the vision.
This person will be responsible for leading through action: conceptualizing, and designing with the team—creating the thematic direction, overarching visual look and feel, and every element of a campaign or experiential design. S/he works with the business development, account, strategy, production and creative teams to ensure the delivery of superior creative solutions that bring the brand to life and drive client results.
The ideal candidate is an expert in working with iconic brands, helping to shape and craft their campaigns and experiences. They can think strategically about a concept as well as execution, and knows how to navigate ambiguous situations relying on sound judgment.
We like people who are attuned to culture—low to high-brow, have more questions than answers, and uses design to transgress the limits of how we’re expected to see the world.
They think deeply about the human experience in relationship to the work we do with our clients as well as part of building company culture. For them, leadership is about cultivating relationships, mentorship, and generosity.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand the clients’ business objectives and how those objectives relate to the target audience, while staying in tune with larger industry trends and climates to assist in generating creative ideas
- Work alongside the Account and Strategy Directors to develop and support the vision of client deliverables and effectively communicate that vision to colleagues and clients by skillfully crafting content.
- Understand, utilize, and facilitate productive creative development
- Oversee the development of ideas and visual look and feel for events and campaigns, and lead the creation of overarching experience designs that delivers against the strategic vision
- Rapid visualization; creation of mood boards and mock-ups to visually express ideas
- Express the creative strategy and vision throughout the event and the programmatic elements—including installations, signage and branding, activations, communications, videos, content and staging
- Strong in-depth knowledge of brand positioning and industry trends; strong understanding of how projects fit into the client's business and brand position
- Network within the industry to share ideas, knowledge and resources
- Generate ideas that excite clients and expand their perceptions of what CSM can do to help them drive results
- Ability to approach problems with a solutions-oriented attitude and mentality to find the best way forward with minimal stress or disruption
- Serve as a mentor to creative team members in a collaborative way
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field; MA preferred but not required
- At least 6-8+ years of creative experience in an agency or marketing environment; event and experiential experience a plus
- Excellent creative and artistic presentation skills
- Superior writing skills with proven experience with message development and writing in different mediums (i.e. PowerPoint/KeyNote, speeches, video, proposals, etc.)
- Strong graphic design skill set with ability to create print ads, marketing collateral, on-event signage, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, with emphasis on InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Print and art production experience (e.g., formatting print ready files and art, scaling art) for small- and large-scale projects
- Agency event experience (particularly within cultural, luxury or automotive) is a huge plus
- Effective leadership, collaboration, mentoring, and team-building skills
- Must possess excellent time management skills and have a sense of urgency; proven ability to work on multiple projects at any given time
- We value skills, aesthetic and a collaborative personality equally. A sense of humor and an enthusiastic personality go a long way, too.