CSM exists to create impact by challenging convention. We do this because it produces work for our clients that is more meaningful, memorable and measurable.
Our diversity of experience, expertise and opinions is our greatest asset, which is why we celebrate our differences. We are looking for individuals who want to put their hand up and challenge convention to create something exciting, bigger and better each and every time.
CSM is proud to share fresh perspectives and new ideas to produce work that others don’t and won’t. What we do is fast-paced, exciting and rewarding which is why we love it and why you’ll love life at CSM.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
CSM is currently seeking a Manager of Media & Social to join our strategic consulting practice in New York City. This person will lead social media activation and media relations work to amplify our client's marketing efforts across the global golf platform.
The ideal candidate will have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of PR, as well as social media and influencer marketing. This includes the ability to develop and implement basic tactical strategies, define goals, determine and manage timelines, problem-solve, and plan for contingencies. This person will be able to successfully navigate complex organizational/corporate structures, spearhead and lead workstreams, quickly establish trusting relationships with the client, the properties, and media, and demonstrate CSM’s value proposition.
Relevant experience includes working in corporate communications at a B2B brand or at a top-tier PR agency focused on driving business forward through the sport and entertainment landscape.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Responsibilities for this role include leading the creation, implementation and management of all media relations strategy and campaigns; proactively managing key communications to stakeholders including the client, the properties and other relevant supporting parties (such as media providers, player ambassadors, etc.); crafting presentations to support the overarching public relations efforts; and overseeing the timely execution of deliverables, through status meetings and trackers.
As a core member of the CSM Consulting Team, you will:
- Write, edit, update and distribute media materials, including press releases, media alerts, talking points, FAQs, bios, etc.
- Craft presentations, reports, and summary documents illustrating the impact of strategic communication programs
- Actively participate in internal and client facing meetings, contributing thoughts, points of view and meeting recaps
- Organize and archive media relations materials for efficient access
- Liaise with various CSM internal teams to ensure seamless content and communications efforts
- Collaboration with the client’s roster of internal constituents and external agencies (PR, Creative, Media, etc.) and rights-holders so that all parties are aligned and working together for the partnerships’ benefit
- Proactively raise issues and develop possible solutions to client challenges, and seek guidance from senior leadership at CSM to gain alignment on recommendations
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- An individual with 5+ years of relevant experience who is passionate about B2B communications
- Concentration and experience in integrated marketing, specifically in the strategic use of PR, social media, and influencer marketing in an integrated account and overall marketing strategy
- Strong project management and client management skills
- Ability to leverage social media across platforms and maintain a mix of participatory expertise across social media channels
- Knowledgeable about media relations and social space platforms, metrics, content creation (Cision, PR Newswire, Trendkite, Sprout Social, and/or open to learning new platforms)
- Highly effective presentation building, writing and communication skills
- Ability to handle numerous tasks simultaneously with a true attention to detail and excellent organizational and communication skills
- Experience and interest working in global sports, specifically golf and the PGA TOUR and LPGA
- Possess a strong work ethic and thrive in a fast-paced dynamic work environment, with a great sense of humor
It is the policy of CSM Sport & Entertainment not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.