Reporting to the IT Manager, Development the Junior Software is responsible for developing and supporting applications that are mission critical to the business. These platforms include websites, e-commerce platforms, custom api’s, and various other applications in a highly dynamic environment where creativity, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills are valuable assets.
The qualified applicant will work closely with senior IT staff utilizing cutting-edge development, cloud technologies, system integrations, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Microsoft NAV ERP, wordpress, Magento 2 EE, Sitecore 6&9, Drupal 7, Node JS and other related technologies. Prior experience with these technologies is not required (obviously a bonus), but a very rudimentary knowledge of the platforms and ability to learn is required.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Provide basic support and development to business units, this may include troubleshooting html/css/js, configuration changes, and day to day questions from the business.
- Typical items may include basic style changes, creation of templates, troubleshooting common issues, providing feedback to questions from the business, development of integrations with 3rd parties (usually api’s), basic admin tasks in our applications, and development of reports from applications depending on use cases.
- Ensuring basic functionality of mission critical systems.
- Working and guiding various leadership on capabilities of their applications and solving business problems with technical solutions.
- Create advanced queries and marketing lists using Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
The right candidate will:
- Have strong foundation in programming and database concepts
- Demonstrate problem solving and creative skills
- Communicate effectively with globally distributed teams, in various time zones
- Keep a positive, but realistic, attitude even under pressure
- Be pro-active and passionate about learning new technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field such as Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Good technical problem solving and interpersonal skills necessary to assist others in problem resolution.
- Able to work in a fast paced, team environment.
1 year of experience in at LEAST 1 of these technology stacks
- The preferred applicant would have at least 1 year of experience in an enterprise environment using 1 of the technologies above
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs, with advanced Excel skills highly desired
- Previous experience with, or ability to rapidly learn, different operational systems including Microsoft Dynamics CRM, CMS systems, and ERP systems
- Experience with Magento 2 EE, Sitecore (any version), wordpress, drupal, Node JS, tableau, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, NAV ERP, Microsoft Azure or similar is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.