The Tax Manager is responsible for the preparation of annual provision taxes covering 32 states. The roll has a requirement for statutory financials, property tax, and special projects when appropriate. Statutory accounting knowledge is required. Must work independently and in a team setting when applicable. Supervision and training for one employee.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of provision tax calculation, and quarterly estimated payments.
- Federal Temporary and Permanent differences
- Tax Depreciation
- FIN 48/ FAS 5
- International tax forms 8858, 5471
- M1s and M-3s
- State addbacks and deductions
- Lead preparation and review of data related to international statutory filings and corporate income tax, as well as verify accuracy of local GAAP to IFRS adjustments
- Support for Statutory Audits
- Oversee global compliance in 50+ foreign regions
- Ensure Corporate state tax returns and payments are timely filed/paid for all the domestic jurisdictions that the company operates. Tax calendar upkeep.
- Compute withholding accruals and related accounts
- Review and mange staff handling federal and state income tax provision and compliance tasks
- Support for State Audits
- Corporate Income Tax Research
- Reconcile the relevant tax GL accounts.
- Prepare and reconcile use tax process and accruals to comply with filing requirements and proper classifications within corporate structure.
- Prepare tax accruals and tax JE when appropriate.
- Prepare Tangible Property Tax Returns.
- Assisting with implementation of new tax policies, strategies and procedures and other cross-functional initiatives as appropriate.
- Support for Tax Special Projects when applicable.
- Assist with preparation of tax forecasts for FP&A team
- Supervise, train, and mentor staff accountants and interns
Education and work experience:
- Four-year degree in accounting or tax.
- MA or MS in accounting
- CPA preferred
- GPA 3.5 or higher
- Provision Tax reporting experience with a company that operates in USA multi-jurisdictions & internationally
- Knowledge of international tax (preferred/not required)
- At least 5-7 years of relevant tax experience
Skills and knowledge:
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Mandatory organizational skills
- Strong Communication skills
- Strong Problem Solver
- Self-Motivated; able to work independently.
- Strong accounting principles.
- Strong tax research skills and knowledge of computer software
- Ability to plan, execute and improve work processes.
- Ability to work with others.
- Knowledge in Microsoft excel a must.
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.