The Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for full cycle recruiting to source, select and hire top talent for The IRONMAN Group. The role is responsible for establishing and maintaining effective recruitment metrics, processes, systems, and tools; delivering a positive candidate experience; and contributing to the representation of The IRONMAN Group’s employment brand and culture. This role will work closely with senior leadership and management to evaluate and recommend selection criteria and reinforce adherence to staffing procedures and protocols.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Develop and lead strategic Talent Acquisition initiatives to recruit and select a high caliber, professional and diverse workforce that identifies with IRONMAN’s mission and “Anything Is Possible” work ethic.
- Assist with the development of Talent Acquisition policies programs to attract, retain, and promote a diverse work force for the organization.
- Oversee organization’s Talent Acquisition Process from personnel requisition generation to onboarding process.
- Develop TA policies, procedures, and standards – championing TA best practices.
- Mold TA strategy to fit IRONMAN unique talent needs and growth.
- Responsible for full cycle recruiting functions to assist in maintaining a continuous pipeline of qualified candidates both internal/external.
- Collaborate in design of job descriptions, job posting, outbound sourcing, intake sessions with managers, conducting interviews, professional references and extend job offers.
- Monitor and analyze recruiting metrics to ensure alignment with business direction; use metrics to create reports and identify areas of improvement.
- Complete market research to understand where diverse talent pools exist and work collaboratively with internal teams to execute on sourcing initiatives to network and build relationships with these groups.
- Partner with internal resources (HR, Marketing, PR) to design, plan and execute employer branding activities nationally.
- Creatively attract new talent using multiple sources to advertise, source and recruit.
- Schedule and attend job/career fairs with appropriate staff to generate qualified applicants.
- Develop recruitment plans to maximize talent sourcing.
- Provide innovative insight and ideas for filling complex and hard to fill positions.
- Implement progressive sourcing strategies including networking, social media, professional associations, universities, and organizations to provide access to top tier applicants.
- Drive a positive candidate experience.
- Creatively look for ways to increase efficiency of the hiring and onboarding process.
- Build strong relationships with managers to understand and meet the hiring needs of their respective departments.
- Maintain accurate and organized recruitment/applicant files to contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the recruitment function.
- Lead organization’s onboarding process continuously improving the new hire experience while meeting leadership and organizational needs.
- Partners with VP Global Human Resources and leaders to help execute on diversity initiatives.
- Deliver an exceptional candidate experience by educating candidates on IRONMAN’s culture and opportunities.
- Promotes and tracks employee referral programs.
- Lead and revamp IRONMAN’s internship program partnering and building relationship with Universities.
- Ensure legal compliance and validity of recruitment and selection activities and coaching managers, employees and applicants on IM’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure appropriate new hire orientation and onboarding programs and processes are in place, tracked and measured.
- As a brand ambassador, representing IRONMAN and promoting career opportunities.
- Conducting competitive research on market trends and providing direction to improve HR processes in relation to recruiting and retention.
- Work closely with business leaders and HR Leadership to support creation, execution and maintenance of the workforce plan.
- Partner with leadership team to ensure external recruiting efforts are tightly aligned with the workforce plan.
- Must possess comprehensive knowledge of talent acquisition, human resources, employment laws and regulations as normally obtained through a bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or a related field with seven (7) years of related talent acquisition experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- PHR/SPHR or similar professional certification a plus.
- Proven background in using innovative research & sourcing strategies to identify and engage diverse talent.
- Partners with VP Global Human Resources to oversee development of diversity recruitment strategy, goals, and targets for specific talent segments.
- Partners with Human Resources and leaders to anticipate recruitment throughput needs and develop pipeline of talent for a differentiated employment model.
- Manages and develops effective outreach programs and pipeline sources, which includes outreach, sourcing strategy development, national conferences and events, colleges and universities, diversity organizations, professional organizations, and other recruiting sources to ensure sourcing produces a strong and consistent diverse talent pipeline.
- Responsible for recommending strategic direction for diversity sourcing, attracting and selection of top talent. Ensures and maintains the employment brand through strategic and integrated use of collateral materials and passive recruiting campaigns.
- Talent Acquisition experience in the sports and entertainment industry highly desirable.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience as a seasoned recruiter responsible for full cycle recruitment in a corporate staffing environment required.
- Experience with Paylocity a plus!
- Ability to work with ambiguity in a demanding, fast paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize.
- Ability to influence without authority and drive enthusiasm.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management, consulting, and problem-solving skills.
- Energetic professional, with roll up sleeves style. Must be able to effectively assess needs, identify potential options to meet the need, and effectively deliver the agreed-upon solution.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to think critically, creatively, and strategically.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Flexibility, high energy, and a positive attitude.
- Strong leadership coaching and mentoring skills.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Bi or Multi-lingual a plus!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.