These are exciting times at The IRONMAN Group®!
We are searching for an experienced and talented digital Subscription Marketing Manager to join our newest and most exciting business line yet. We have just launched the world’s first all-in-one training solution for IRONMAN® Triathletes of all abilities. The IRONMAN Training Companion is a full-service training solution for athletes in training. Developed with our partners at Peakers AI, this app delivers a purpose driven training experience for the athlete and is supported by a team of experts that communicate through the app with the athlete. This venture is focused on pushing the boundaries of human potential and training technology. As this app grows, it will be the perfect marriage of A.I. technology with a human touch. For more information please visit: https://ironmantrainingcompanion.com/
The Manager, Subscription Marketing will support the development and execution of acquisition marketing tactics to drive brand preference and demand. The manager will collaborate within the IRONMAN Training and Coaching team to create effective customer-centric strategies for an array of different target audiences and business objective. The ideal candidate is highly strategic, excels at turning data into meaningful marketing insights, is team and detail-oriented and able to work in an event focused business environment.
· Understand business drivers and customer needs and present concept statements, targeted positioning and messaging territories that properly reflects the brand personality and translates to high-performing creative across owned and paid marketing tactics
· Develop sales positioning and maintain key communications throughout all touchpoints of our marketing funnel; work as part of a cross-functional unit to optimize channel performance
· Help maintain a communications framework to prioritize sales messages for many audiences across multiple platforms/environments; Ensure brand messaging and customer experience is consistent throughout the buyer journey
· Manage the acquisition communications planning process for the performance marketing program; Build and keep a plan to stay 3-6 months ahead of in-market window, setting up marketing and creative teams to develop tactics for all paid channels including programmatic, social and custom placements; Provide monthly creative rotation recommendations and channel-specific creative testing plans
· Support growth marketing plans for key audiences
· Partner with marketing, creative, analytics and product groups on test and learn strategy to improve marketing effectiveness and achieve customer success and brand KPIs
· Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends to gather cultural insights that informs our marketing communications and content strategy; Work with our customer intelligence team to perform and obtain qualitative and quantitative research to better understand our target and refine our sales positioning to deliver the greatest marketing ROI
· Support Subscription Marketing team with development of the quarterly acquisition business plan
· Be a champion of the overall customer acquisition vision and strategy to internal teams and external partners
· Hands-on experience with market and consumer research, customer segmentation, building a customer-led communications approach, channel mix planning (owned and paid) and optimization at various stages of the consumer journey
· Able to develop an efficient project work plan for multiple groups
· Proficient in both data analysis and creative storytelling
· Strong understanding of digital platforms and marketing best practices
· Highly analytical, creative thinker and doer
· Results-driven, data-informed decision-maker
· Resourceful, agile and cross-functional team player
· Outstanding verbal and written communicator and presentation skills
· Customer-obsessed and passionate about business, entertainment and the business of entertainment
As part of Wanda Sports Group, The IRONMAN Group® operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series®, Iron Girl®, IRONKIDS®, International Triathlon Union World Triathlon Series races, road cycling events including the Velothon® Series, mountain bike races including the Absa Cape Epic®, premier running events including the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon and The Sun-Herald City2Surf® presented by Westpac, trail running like Ultra-Trail Australia™, and other multisport races. IRONMAN’s events, together with all other Wanda Sports Holdings events, provide more than a million participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings.
The iconic IRONMAN® Series of events is the largest participation sports platform in the world. Since the inception of the IRONMAN® brand in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines at the world’s most challenging endurance races. Beginning as a single race, The IRONMAN Group has grown to become a global sensation with more than 230 events across 57 countries. For more information please visit www.ironman.com
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.