The Manager, Subscription Marketing will support the development and execution of acquisition marketing tactics to drive brand preference and demand. The manager will collaborate within the IRONMAN Training and Coaching team to create effective customer-centric strategies for an array of different target audiences and business objective. The ideal candidate is highly strategic, excels at turning data into meaningful marketing insights, is team and detail-oriented and able to work in an event focused business environment.
· Understand business drivers and customer needs and present concept statements, targeted positioning and messaging territories that properly reflects the brand personality and translates to high-performing creative across owned and paid marketing tactics
· Develop sales positioning and maintain key communications throughout all touchpoints of our marketing funnel; work as part of a cross-functional unit to optimize channel performance
· Help maintain a communications framework to prioritize sales messages for many audiences across multiple platforms/environments; Ensure brand messaging and customer experience is consistent throughout the buyer journey
· Manage the acquisition communications planning process for the performance marketing program; Build and keep a plan to stay 3-6 months ahead of in-market window, setting up marketing and creative teams to develop tactics for all paid channels including programmatic, social and custom placements; Provide monthly creative rotation recommendations and channel-specific creative testing plans
· Support growth marketing plans for key audiences
· Partner with marketing, creative, analytics and product groups on test and learn strategy to improve marketing effectiveness and achieve customer success and brand KPIs
· Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends to gather cultural insights that informs our marketing communications and content strategy; Work with our customer intelligence team to perform and obtain qualitative and quantitative research to better understand our target and refine our sales positioning to deliver the greatest marketing ROI
· Support Subscription Marketing team with development of the quarterly acquisition business plan
· Be a champion of the overall customer acquisition vision and strategy to internal teams and external partners
· Hands-on experience with market and consumer research, customer segmentation, building a customer-led communications approach, channel mix planning (owned and paid) and optimization at various stages of the consumer journey
· Able to develop an efficient project work plan for multiple groups
· Proficient in both data analysis and creative storytelling
· Strong understanding of digital platforms and marketing best practices
· Highly analytical, creative thinker and doer
· Results-driven, data-informed decision-maker
· Resourceful, agile and cross-functional team player
· Outstanding verbal and written communicator and presentation skills
· Customer-obsessed and passionate about business, entertainment and the business of entertainment
The iconic IRONMAN® Series of events is the largest participation sports platform in the world. Since the inception of the IRONMAN® brand in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines at the world’s most challenging endurance races. Beginning as a single race, IRONMAN has grown to become a global sensation with more than 230 events across 57 countries. For more information, please visit www.ironman.com
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.