This position is responsible for the coordination of content and marketing messaging across all social media channels for IRONMAN and/or the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series.
- Coordinating with the regional marketing team to ensure their marketing messages are conveyed effectively via social media
- Aligning with the global digital/content team to ensure brand standards are met and quality of content is consistent across all platforms
- Contribute to the strategy and direction of the content calendars, both for the global social channels and individual race pages
- Maintain and execute on a content calendar for all North American event pages to ensure fresh and relevant content throughout the year
- Assist in content creation for global initiatives, often across multiple regions
- Manage content production and posting during event weekends
- Assist in the execution of social influencer programs, providing content and guidance to our influencers
- Regular reporting of social media channel performance
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, or similar
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in social media, digital content, or marketing
- Experience in basic image editing (Photoshop or similar)
- Strong copywriting skills
- A high degree of attention to detail
- The ability to work effectively under tight deadlines
- The ability to work collaboratively as part of a team across multiple departments
- Video editing experience is a plus
The iconic IRONMAN® Series of events is the largest participation sports platform in the world. Since the inception of the IRONMAN® brand in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines at the world’s most challenging endurance races. Beginning as a single race, IRONMAN has grown to become a global sensation with more than 230 events across 57 countries. For more information, please visit www.ironman.com
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.