The Marketing department of IRONMAN is tasked with generating and converting demand for IRONMAN Group’s portfolio of endurance events, affiliated brands, and products, creating value for customers, and driving profitable growth strategies for the business. The IRONMAN Group is seeking a highly motivated, creative, and detailed-oriented Social Media Coordinator to assist in driving growth and engagement across a diverse portfolio of brands and social platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the scheduling and publishing of weekly, monthly, and annual content calendars.
- Write engaging, targeted copy to that is in line with brand standards to best inform, engage and appeal to athletes.
- Actively engage with athlete communities to deliver exceptional social experiences and build brand reputation.
- Assist in the design and development of creative assets.
- Coordinate work with content creators and ambassadors to amplify social media engagement strategies.
- Maintain digital content libraries and social media tools to stay current with evolving platforms.
- Brainstorm and execute innovative new social strategies, test new platforms, and expand social monetization opportunities.
- Develop deep understanding of athlete’s journey and lifecycle to best inform social marketing executions.
- Help monitor and track performance data and KPI trends to optimize content strategy.
- Collaborate with various departments such as: Partnerships, Event Marketing, Digital, Athlete Development, Connected Fitness, Coaching & Training, Digital to develop and implement custom content and meaningful human interest storytelling campaigns.
- Assist in the creation of social media best practices playbook.
- Stay up to date with the latest social media trends and best practices to ensure The IRONMAN Group stays on the cutting-edge of new digital communication.
- Travel to races and out-of-competition shoots to capture content and produce live social.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of social media landscape.
- Editorial and copywriting experience; sports and/or entertainment preferred.
- Experience in digital design and video editing capabilities.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Must have superb attention to detail and ability to think outside the box to create solutions for a wide array of challenges.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Must work well under pressure and be able to manage simultaneous projects.
- Must be willing to commit to long hours at times in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment.
- Be willing to work non-traditional, flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field.
- 1-2 years social and digital media; sports and entertainment or related field preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.