*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Marketing department of The IRONMAN Group is tasked with generating and converting demand for its portfolio of endurance events, affiliated brands and products, creating value for customers, and profitable growth strategies for the business.
Positioned within the Creative Team, the Senior Graphic Designer will deliver creative visual communication solutions for events, brands and programs, produce finished art for event collateral and on-site touchpoints, and provide thought leadership and creative problem-solving for marketing campaigns. In addition they will contribute to the effective creation, curation and advocacy of The IRONMAN Group’s portfolio of brands, and uphold brand standards as applied throughout the business. This includes working with licensees and third parties to ensure global support and consistency.
Working across a variety of media, and focused on the North American event region, the Senior Graphic Designer will produce for print and digital, including signage, t-shirts, flyers, press ads, social media and email assets, motion graphics and more.
Reporting to the Art Director, the ideal candidate will have a strong creative portfolio, including experience in producing marketing campaigns for a variety of clients. In addition, they will demonstrate collaboration, initiative and team leadership.
IRONMAN is an inclusive, dynamic workplace. We are looking to partner with individuals who like to roll up their sleeves, get creative, be passionate and find solutions to help meet or exceed all objectives.
- Develop innovative and high-quality, multi-channel creative concepts that respond to visual design requests from across The IRONMAN Group departments.
- Translate brand strategy into exceptional creative concepts across print and digital.
- Complete finished art and ‘standard’ design tasks as part of an event’s packaged requirements.
- Build a strong rapport with Regional Marketing Managers to collaboratively and strategically address event design requirements.
- Work closely with stakeholders to evolve briefs and provide responsive solutions that address the root of the communication objective.
- This may include attending strategy sessions and workshops.
- Prepare and present concepts to stakeholders and provide recommendations.
- Effectively articulate strategic thinking and rationale behind creative concepts and layout solutions using creative knowledge and storytelling to influence.
- Collaborate with other designers and content creators to brainstorm and advance new and innovative ideas.
- Manage brand and race logos, keeping them current and up to brand standards in a global database.
- Develop, implement and follow internal brand guidelines and those of partners.
- Proactively communicate within the organization to manage brand and visual identities and act to correct any misrepresentations.
- Provide leadership to junior designers and freelancers.
- Supporting and contributing to the success of the broader Global Marketing team.
- Prioritize and manage daily tasks based on deadlines, using the Basecamp project management system.
- Ensure files for production are properly built and work with specified parameters on a per-project basis.
- Must be highly detail-oriented, well organized and able to thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
- Successfully manage a large workload while bringing fresh direction and insight for a large variety of projects.
- Assist the Art Director with project assignment within the Creative Team.
- Ensure and oversee creative execution of the highest quality and that all projects are released error-free and meet the highest production standards.
- Adhere to creative department policies and procedures for quality control and work quality.
- Bachelor’s Degree 8+ years design experience in an agency or internal brand team
- Highly proficient in using the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and After Effects/ motion graphics)
- Production experience preparing files for print and web Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, and Excel A passion for an active lifestyle is a plus
- Ability to work some non-traditional hours
- Creative flair Adaptive design eye and excellent communication skills
- Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Self-motivation and accountability for meeting deadlines
- Able to take ownership of projects and execute Patient, flexible and comfortable working in a rapid changing environment
- Possess a solutions-oriented approach, with the desire and passion to develop projects to a successful outcome
- Project leadership
- Teamwork and collaboration
- A local and global mindset
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.