The Pricing and Yield Management Director will be responsible for creating and maintaining infrastructure to facilitate rapid reporting, review, and analysis of key metrics driving revenue in support of the event marketing team. This position will also assist in revenue and service performance planning, including goal setting, performance measurement, and process adjustment. The Director will leverage complex data sets that will best inform and set the company’s registration pricing strategies and optimization on a global level.
The role will aid in inspiring a data first culture, enabling the organization to drive growth from key insights and analytics while aligning with, and supporting, our global and regional marketing teams, information technology department, digital and social teams, product and e-commerce division, athlete development and loyalty program managers and finance teams to apply analytics-driven approaches in our product pricing to attain our growth and efficiency goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leverage data sets that establish actionable market intelligence, prescriptive narratives and best practices to appropriately inform and influence pricing and marketing strategies
• Evaluate and deliver pricing and marketing performance analyses and recommendations to align with the company’s growth objectives
• Accurately model out the supply, demand, and price elasticity within the mass participation events eco-system to continuously optimize pricing
• Work closely with functional leaders to design A/B tests develop category-specific KPIs, forecasts, and goals
• Develop key pricing and measurement reports that enable teams to view efficacy of campaigns so activity can be optimized in a proactive, ‘real-time’ fashion
• Build out a reporting suite that delivers key performance trends to leadership stakeholders
• Effectively interpret and synthesize data and insights to all levels of the organization
• Create and maintain reporting dashboards and permissions to ensure visibility and usage within the company
• Oversee platform partners as needed
• Complete ad hoc analytics requests, including communicating key findings to support strategic decision needs with appropriate stakeholders
• Work closely with IT team to maintain data quality standards
• Collaborate with business partners to discuss, analyze, and review incoming requests and help to plan upcoming work for the team as needed
• Establish, manage and facilitate pricing timelines for the organization
Skills and Knowledge:
• Must have prior product pricing experience
• Advanced knowledge in business analytics and intelligence software and tools such as Power BI, Tableau, SAP, Domo
• Skilled in cohort analysis development
• Knowledge of principles, methods and techniques used primary and secondary research
• Strategic thinker
• Able to effectively manage a team and collaborate with a broad cross-functional team of leaders with challenging schedules
• Strong project management skills ensuring projects are followed through to completion
• Must work well under pressure and be able to manage simultaneous projects
• Must be willing to commit to long hours at times in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment
• Fluent in Microsoft office, especially excel and power point
• 10+ years statistical analytics; preferably in the sports, participation and live event industries
• BA or BS in economics, statistics or related field; MBA preferred
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.