Title: Athlete Development Coordinator
Immediate Supervisor: Sr. Manager Athlete Development
- This position is primarily responsible for assisting with administrative execution of programs for IRONMAN, Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series and other brands within our Global portfolio.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities Essential Functions
- Assist the Athlete Development team in the execution of Programs, including but not limited to:
- Assist with the database management of the IRONMAN All World Athlete Program, including points calculations, benefits and all marketing communication
- Assist with marketing for Programs as needed, including email communications, strategy and administrative duties, and partnership integration
- Assist with the creation of Playbooks for Athlete Development programs
- Contribute ideas for innovation and process improvements for day to day tasks
- Assist with the development of future programs including running loyalty and run club strategies
- Find innovative ways to educate athletes and participants on program value proposition and benefits
- Updating the CRM with new TriClubs that enter the program, link athletes with their TriClubs, updating discussion groups and community management on social media
- Assist in the setup of on-site race related club events including but not limited to identifying and facilitating TriClub Villages and TriClub social events
- Help on site with the registration of TriClub athletes and the communication of that information to our timing company.
Job Requirements Education and work experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university in Marketing, Sports Marketing or related field
- One to two years of related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge of Microsoft office including Excel, PowerPoint
- Savvy with social media content and community nurturing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Must be able to travel domestically periodically
- Positive outlook, friendly, courteous, service oriented
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of triathlon, running and club culture a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.