2019 Summer Months (June through August)
This role is responsible for providing operational, technical and clerical support to the IRONMAN Mid-Atlantic/Upper South Regional Team. Key responsibilities of this position will be to help with ongoing IRONMAN/IRONMAN 70.3 operational projects, assisting our athletes services and regional marketing team, support various Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series projects, as well other tasks as assigned relating to running, triathlon and other endurance events in the Mid-Atlantic/Upper South Region. The Mid-Atlantic/Upper South Region includes events in Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, Georgia, Maryland and North Carolina.
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Collaborative personality, ability to work well in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Creative problem solver.
- Knowledge and interest in the sport of triathlon/running/endurance sports.
- Seeking a bachelor's degree from four-year College or university in Sport Management, Sport Recreation or Sport Business, or other related field.
- This will be an unpaid internship in exchange for college credits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.