IRONMAN Merchandise is seeking a Merchandise Planning Intern. This internship is designed to
give students real world work experience and exposure to different facets of the IRONMAN Merchandise business. The Merchandise Planning Intern will be responsible for assisting the Merchandise Planning team in the execution and analysis of financial and inventory plans for a category of product. You will assist in the setup of new items for purchase order and the monitoring of product performance towards budgeted goals. You will also work cross-functionally with Product Development, Event, and eCommerce teams as needed. This position reports to the Merchandise Planning Manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Supports Merchandise Planners with daily duties
2. Responsible for SKU setup and maintenance for products
3. Create new SKUs, process requests including cost and retail changes
4. Ensure all data provided is accurate and complete
5. Standardize data elements
6. Supports other IRONMAN merchandise team members, work collaboratively with Merchandise Event
7. Coordinators to ensure the continued success of each event.
8. Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of service, support and follow through to Merchandise Planners
Skills and knowledge:
1. Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
2. Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
3. Experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook & Excel
4. Have a passion for the endurance sports business
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.