This position is primarily responsible for providing support to the Merchandise Team with developing, executing and communicating strategic merchandise plans that support the financial objectives of the company. This position will also be responsible for working with the merchant to identify opportunities, and risks and to develop strategies to mitigate those risks while capitalizing on the opportunity.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategize and develop annual merchandise financial plans by department and/or class
- Manage all financial variables to achieve financial goals
- Manage inventory and flow of product to meet financial goals
- Analyze performance on business goals and develop action plans to maximize results
- Generate and/or review designated weekly, monthly and year to date reporting
- Prepare and provide comprehensive recaps of Events
- Develop assortment plans and SKU counts to optimize productivity
- Provide clear updates to key partners on issues that would affect business results (i.e. stock, delivery, markdowns, assortment changes)
- Build and maintain relationships with partners and peers by following up on ideas to improve business results, increase productivity and drive initiatives
- Understand the need of the client and consistently focus on exceeding their expectations
Education and work experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in Marketing or Business related
- 4+ years of inventory management, retail buying, and/or financial planning experience preferred.
- Able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
Skills and knowledge:
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Understanding of retail financial measurements
- Able to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.