The Manager is responsible for the proper management of the IRONMAN U Coaching platform and Recertification process. IRONMAN U is the primary product in the Coaching and Training portfolio, aimed at the growth and development of the IRONMAN coaching ecosystem through education and certification. The Manager will report to the Global Director of Athlete Development and will work closely with the Digital Platforms and Content Team.
The Manager will initially be tasked with making the necessary adjustments based on business plan to the programs existing structure and digital products to address satisfaction of all key stakeholders including IMU Master Coaches, IMU Certified Coaches and Athletes. The Manager will execute the business plan designed at addressing the evolving needs of the IRONMAN coaching ecosystem, growing the base of IRONMAN U certified coaches globally and long-term sustainability of the product.
The Manager will work with members of the Coaching and Training team to engage the global community of coaches and ensure we take full advantage of the IRONMAN event portfolio to interact, train and develop athletes. Connecting coaches and athletes especially first timers is a priority.
This role requires effective entrepreneurial skills, understanding of the coaching world as well as strong communication and organizational skills. A successful candidate will have excellent time management, prioritization, and ability to adapt to change. Ability to critically analyze data and trends to curate effective programming. Travel will be required, primarily within North America.
- Implement changes to the program once the business plan is approved. Business plan to include details on resources, timeline and expected return in revenue, coaches reached, and athletes engaged (first timers and existing IRONMAN athletes)
- Management of the IRONMAN U product and yearly updates needed for the recertification process
- Product needs to anticipate diversity of culture and languages of coaches and athletes
- In partnership with Digital Platforms and Content Team, ensure that IRONMAN U coaches are featured through digital platforms.
- Ensure proper marketing of the program through appropriate platforms and events
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders including athletes, coaches, ambassadors, race directors, federations…
- Ensure strategies are tactically executed in a creative and timely manner and within the business plan and agreed budget
- Utilize CRM database on a regular basis for making informed tactical decision
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time
- Research and Development around current trends in the coaching and training space
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Min 5 years related experience in marketing or business administration
- A passion for triathlon and endurance sports
- Experience analyzing and interpreting data from a variety of sources
- Ability to work some weekends and non-traditional hours
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and deadlines
- Self-directed with the ability to also work as a part of a team
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at a functional level
- Ability to think strategically, organize and manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrated commitment to company values and mission
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Tableau
- Passion for building a strong relationship between coaches and our brands
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.