Note: this job is closed to new applications.
World Triathlon Corporation (WTC) seeks qualified applicants for a junior-level transactional attorney position at WTC’s world headquarters in Tampa, Florida. The worldwide leader in endurance sports, WTC is a high-growth, international company that owns and operates mass-participation athletic events under brands such as IRONMAN®, ROCK ‘N’ ROLL® MARATHON, CAPE EPIC®, VELOTHON®, SINGAPORE MARATHON, and AUCKLAND MARATHON, among many other triathlons, marathons, road-cycling races, mountain-bike races, and other athletic events, and related programs such as IRONMAN U®. WTC, together with its subsidiaries and licensees, offers the world’s largest participation sports platform by operating more than 230 events annually across 50 countries – including the iconic IRONMAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP in Hawaii, first held in 1978. For more information about our races, visit www.ironman.com, www.runrocknroll.com, www.cape-epic.com, www.velothon.com, and www.singaporemarathon.com.
Core responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
· Drafts, analyzes, and negotiates sponsorship agreements, product license agreements, event license agreements, event services/management agreements, host city/venue agreements, employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, TV/media agreements, operations-related agreements, professional-athlete appearance agreements, liability waivers, corporate-governance documents, and other types of agreements and legal documents
· Works with business staff of WTC, and of its European, Asian, Australian, and Canadian subsidiaries, regarding legal issues relating to development and negotiation of agreements with domestic and international parties
· Advises business staff on legal issues and risks
· Supports the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal department processes
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate is a currently practicing transactional attorney with the following skills and experience:
· Practiced law for 2 to 4 years in corporate/business law (whether in-house, or at a law firm)
o Please note: Applicants with substantially more years of experience, or with primarily a litigation background, will not be considered
· Detailed-oriented, hard-working, and business-minded
· Ability to clearly and concisely draft complex concepts, provisions, and deal structures
· Strong knowledge of contract drafting conventions
· Strong writing, negotiating, and other communication skills
· Self-motivated and consistently meets deadlines
· Experience handling corporate governance matters
· Strong legal research and contractual/statutory interpretation abilities
· Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
· Able to work well under pressure and to handle work-related stress
· Friendly, courteous, reliable, and professional
· Able to work independently and productively with minimal supervision
The following are a plus, but not required:
· Experience with sponsorship and other sports/event-related agreements (not required)
· Mandarin/Chinese language ability (not required)
EDUCATION & LICENSURE REQUIRED:
· Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
· Juris doctor degree from reputable U.S. law school; Licensed to practice law within the U.S.
How did you hear about this job?
What are your compensation requirements?
How many years of practice do you have?