This is an opportunity for a college student to learn and development necessary skills for advancement in the competitive sports business industry. This position is within the Partnership Services / Global Partnerships, North America Department and is primarily responsible for closely managing and collaborating with IRONMAN and Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series Partners. Additional responsibilities will include enhancing communications internally and externally (with Partners), along with driving incremental revenue by focusing on executing each account’s strategic plan and activating agreed upon assets.
- Assist account managers with the day-to-day execution of IRONMAN and Rock 'n' Roll Marathon partner obligations.
- Learning hands on from experienced sports business professionals.
- Facilitate and assist in managing any contractual obligations
- Communicate sponsorship benefits deliverable's with the Partnership Activation Team and other departments to finalize activation and fulfillment successfully.
- Manage internal communications with team members and departments.
- Conduct/coordinate any research needed by the Partners
- Support the North American Sales and Service team with execution of partnerships
- Work with Business Intelligence team to deliver annual recaps and review partner goals
- Tracking partner deliverable assets
- Maintain a strong and continuous relationship with each account.
- Enrolled in a credited university program
- A minimum of 16 hours availability a week
- Willing to begin in the Fall of 2019
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent organizational, leadership, and interpersonal communication.
- Detail-oriented and work effectively under pressure while meeting all applicable deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision.
- Recognize problems, identify possible causes and provide solutions.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional atmosphere for employees, clients and customers.
- Demonstrate an effective team building mentality.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.