The IRONMAN Foundation® creates positive, tangible change in IRONMAN race communities by engaging athletes and volunteers to participate in programs that demonstrate service through sport and commitment to community. Since 2003, over $50,000,000 has been provided through IRONMAN charitable giveback programs including the IRONMAN Foundation to more than 8,300 local, regional, national and global nonprofit initiatives. Through these partnerships, IRONMAN athletes are powerfully linked to the community and together we leave the IRONMAN legacy behind in our race communities long after event day.
The IRONMAN Foundation is seeking an enthusiastic, self-starting, and hard-working individual to provide support for IRONMAN Foundation programs. This is a great opportunity to gain experience working and supporting national nonprofit initiatives while enhancing professional skills. Interns may also have the opportunity to travel throughout the U.S. IRONMAN race circuit during the semester and will provide event support to IRONMAN Foundation Staff. To learn more about our giveback, click HERE.
- Provide administrative support for the IRONMAN Foundation
- Travel with staff and provide on-site support at IRONMAN events
- Assist in marketing and event coordination for IRONMAN Foundation focused events nationwide
- Communicate with current IRONMAN Foundation athletes through email and phone
- Conduct analytical projects for the IRONMAN Foundation and its beneficiaries
- Assist in developing grant processing workflow
- Educational training in business, finance, communications, marketing, or related background
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience in Photoshop/Adobe Illustrator a plus
- Experience in marketing
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and support multiple initiatives simultaneously
- High attention to detail and good time-management skills
- Interest in nonprofits and endurance sports
- Experience as an endurance athlete is preferred but not required
We encourage creativity and innovation in order to expand and develop current national initiatives and programs. The goal of our team is to provide a comprehensive, valued, and positive internship experience with an open line of communication on how our team can continue to take IRONMAN to new heights. We are seeking individuals with tremendous passion and drive, individuals who demonstrate confidence in communication, and encompass the ability to take initiative and showcase project leadership on a daily basis.
IRONMAN® Foundation Internship Information and Requirements
- The Fall Internship will begin on (or around) 9/3/2019 and will end on (or around) 12/13/2019.
- Internships are UNPAID, and only students with the ability to receive college credit are eligible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.