IRONMAN is seeking an energetic and creative Public Relations intern to support the overall communication strategies for all of IRONMAN’s brands, including the Rock’n’Roll Marathon Series. The ideal candidate is confident, driven, willing to learn, and interested in the cross over of traditional media and new media within the growing endurance sports industry. This position is based at the IRONMAN Global Headquarters in Tampa, FL.
- Support the Public Relations Director, Public Relations Manager, Public Relations Coordinator and global Public Relations team on media efforts for all IRONMAN brands
- Assist in writing and editing press releases, media advisories & media pitches as well as various other press materials
- Assist with the media credentialing process (organizing requests)
- Assist with media clip recaps
- Research and find compelling human interest stories to promote through various mediums
- Build and maintain media lists for event markets
- Monitor and organize media placement reports
- Handle incoming press requests with guidance from the senior staff
Skills and Knowledge
- Keen attention to detail and time management skills.
- Journalism, marketing, digital media major desired but not required.
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Working knowledge of full Microsoft suite, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.