IRONMAN COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP
This position assists in the development and management of the internal and external public relations and communications function, with a focus on raising the awareness and positive perception of all IRONMAN brands through traditional and non-traditional media. The intern will have overlapping duties and provide support to both the North America and Global communications teams with a focus on continual professional development. This position is based in Tampa, FL at the IRONMAN Global Headquarters working on the North America team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in North American event media credentialing vetting and approval process
- Monitor and organize media placement, while overseeing the compiling of weekly clippings report
- Identifying and researching compelling human-interest stories to advocate through various mediums
- Assist in writing and editing press releases, media advisories & media pitches as well as various other press materials
- Build and maintain media lists for event markets.
- Write and edit press releases, media kits, fact sheets, public relations materials, and other brand related written materials
- Assist incoming press requests with guidance from the senior staff
- Assist in creating media guide including writing and editing of content, research and updating statistical and historical information, selection of photos and design/layout
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Work Experience
- Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, marketing, communications, public relations or related field preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 1-2 years communications work experience
Skills and Knowledge
- Keen attention to detail and time management skills.
- Journalism, marketing, digital media or sports management major desired but not required.
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Working knowledge of full Microsoft suite, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
This internship is for college credit only and located in the Tampa, FL
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.