This position is primarily responsible for leading the Company’s Sarbanes Oxley compliance program across the global organization.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Manage organization’s global compliance with the Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX)
- As this is initial year of adoption, develop and document processes to ensure compliance with all SOX requirements
- Plan, implement, coordinate, and execute all phases of SOX compliance, (to include process documentation, leading walkthroughs and identifying/validating key controls, mapping controls to financial statement assertions, developing test procedures, executing and documenting testing, reporting results to appropriate parties and leading remediation efforts)
- Manage and perform SOX testing and ensure testing results are appropriately documented and communicated, including detail review of outsourcing partners execution of SOX procedures
- Update documentation including process flowcharts, process narratives, risk and controls matrix and evaluate controls as new systems are developed and/or process changes
- Ensure clear, concise, actionable and practical observations and recommendations for process and control deficiencies
- Manage outsourcing partners, including their engagement economics
- Coordinate with external auditors on the annual SOX testing plan and provide support to them to ensure timely and smooth completion of SOX projects
- Stays abreast of changes in SOX regulations to ensure timely compliance
- Assists with miscellaneous projects as requested by the SVP Finance
Education and work experience:
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in accounting from a four-year college or university and a minimum of five years of related work experience. The candidate must have a firm grasp of technical accounting and SOX methodologies (controls design, risk assessment, testing strategies, etc.) and must have knowledge of process flow mapping, design and documentation of controls, controls testing, evaluation of control deficiencies and remediation plans.
Skills and knowledge:
- Excellent organizational skill and interpersonal communication
- Experience working with global, multi-location companies
- Clear and conceptual thinking ability
- Excellent judgment and discretion; can recognize and elevate problems, identify possible causes and resolve routine issues
- Friendly, courteous, professional, outgoing, and customer-service oriented
- Able to remain calm and professional in stressful situations; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Detail-oriented and works effectively under pressure while meeting applicable deadlines
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision
The iconic IRONMAN® Series of events is the largest participation sports platform in the world. Since the inception of the IRONMAN® brand in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines at the world’s most challenging endurance races. Beginning as a single race, IRONMAN has grown to become a global sensation with more than 230 events across 57 countries. For more information, please visit www.ironman.com
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.