This is an opportunity for a college student to learn and development necessary skills for advancement in the competitive sports business industry.
This position is within the Partnership Services/Global Partnerships, North America Department and is primarily responsible for closely managing and collaborating with IRONMAN and Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series Partners.
Additional responsibilities will include enhancing communications internally and externally (with Partners), along with driving incremental revenue by focusing on executing each account’s strategic plan and activating agreed upon assets.
- Assist account managers with the day-to-day execution of IRONMAN and Rock 'n' Roll Marathon partner obligations.
- Learning hands on from experienced sports business professionals.
- Facilitate and assist in managing any contractual obligations
- Communicate sponsorship benefits deliverables with the Partnership Activation Team and other departments to finalize activation and fulfillment successfully.
- Manage internal communications with team members and departments.
- Conduct/coordinate any research needed by the Partners
- Support the North American Sales and Service team with execution of partnerships
- Work with Business Intelligence team to deliver annual recaps and review partner goals/objectives
- Tracking partner deliverable assets
- Maintain a strong and continuous relationship with each account.
- Enrolled in a credited university program
- A minimum of 16 hours availability a week
- Willing to begin in January/February 2020
- NOTE - this is a non-compensated internship
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent organizational, leadership, and interpersonal communication.
- Detail-oriented and work effectively under pressure while meeting all applicable deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision.
- Recognize problems, identify possible causes and provide solutions.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional atmosphere for employees, clients and customers.
- Demonstrate an effective team building mentality.
As part of Wanda Sports Group, The IRONMAN Group® operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series®, Iron Girl®, IRONKIDS®, International Triathlon Union World Triathlon Series races, road cycling events including the Velothon® Series, mountain bike races including the Absa Cape Epic®, premier running events including the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon and The Sun-Herald City2Surf® presented by Westpac, trail running like Ultra-Trail Australia™, and other multisport races. IRONMAN’s events, together with all other Wanda Sports Holdings events, provide more than a million participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings.
The iconic IRONMAN® Series of events is the largest participation sports platform in the world. Since the inception of the IRONMAN® brand in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines at the world’s most challenging endurance races. Beginning as a single race, The IRONMAN Group has grown to become a global sensation with more than 230 events across 57 countries. For more information please visit www.ironman.com
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.