Reporting to the Director, Global Sales Operations, the Group Sales Account Executive will be responsible for driving group sales revenue for the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series across the United States. They will be responsible for achieving the company objectives of sales, growth and profitability while ensuring to align IRONMAN with the proper brands and partners.
- Daily outreach to prospects/clients for group sales entries opportunities
- Prompt follow up on any inbound inquiries
- Identify and target prospects for your products within your respective region
- Log daily activity and opportunities into Microsoft CRM database
- Prepare weekly sales report
- Prepare exciting and creative proposals to attract new business opportunities
- Prepare contractual agreements for group sales in accordance with company policy
- Collect payments and send out registration links once payment has been received
- Attend trade shows to identify new opportunities and build network
- Liaise with the VIP Team regularly to ensure group sales’ deliverables occur according to the contract on-site
- Be the on-site point of contact for group sales at Rock ‘n’ Roll events
- Must be willing to travel to all US based Rock ‘n’ Roll Events
- Responsible for promoting CSR programs with leads to potentially integrate from a CSR perspective
- Develop new ideas and programs for sales team to sell and drive revenue
- Follow contract submission processes to ensure accurate reporting
- Manager is responsible for being onsite liaison for corporations involved in Group Sales/Corporate Wellness program.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of experience in sales, with an emphasis on phone sales; sports-related background is helpful, but not required
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Proven track record of leadership and ability to drive sales metrics.
- Familiarity with Microsoft CRM or other CRM databases
As part of Wanda Sports Group, The IRONMAN Group® operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series®, Iron Girl®, IRONKIDS®, International Triathlon Union World Triathlon Series races, road cycling events including the Velothon® Series, mountain bike races including the Absa Cape Epic®, premier running events including the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon and The Sun-Herald City2Surf® presented by Westpac, trail running like Ultra-Trail Australia™, and other multisport races. IRONMAN’s events, together with all other Wanda Sports Holdings events, provide more than a million participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings.
The iconic IRONMAN® Series of events is the largest participation sports platform in the world. Since the inception of the IRONMAN® brand in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines at the world’s most challenging endurance races. Beginning as a single race, The IRONMAN Group has grown to become a global sensation with more than 230 events across 57 countries. For more information please visit www.ironman.com
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.