A successful candidate will have a strong understanding of industry web design trends, UX/UI and content management systems, experience with mobile design, and an understanding of the entire web development process, including discovery, design, development, and deployment. We want you to have a POV on what you are developing, why and how it will make a difference.
This position is built for growth. We are transitioning between Sitecore CMS on both sites, soon moving to Sports Engine as our platform which has a very friendly CMS. We are seeking someone who can help us evolve and support the Web property portion of our global content strategy. This position is 100% dedicated to support operations (race pages) marketing + global partnership content. We want this role to be technology agnostic, and to evolve with us.
· Manage content requests from Marketing and Race Operations
· Collaborate directly with UX Manager, Marketing Leads, Ops Leads, IT and digital team
· Work both independently and with other developers
· Write well-documented code / as necessary (this should be largely development via CMS)
· Promote and work with VP of Digital to establish best practices for front-end development
· Prepare technical documentation and development schedules, as required
· Help to develop internal process and standards for web support and development
· Understanding of mobile UX/UI design and user behavior
· Ability to communicate across departments and educate internally
· 3+ years of work experience in front end development
· 3+ years of work experience using a CMS (content management system)
· If you have the skills but less than 3 years’ experience – tell us why you’re our candidate
· BA/BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field preferred, or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree
· Examples of past work and capabilities via portfolio or provided URLs
· Familiarity with a majority of the following:
- CSS Preprocessors
- APIs + Custom Development a bonus
- Basic understanding of PHP
- Responsive or Mobile first design
- Cross browser development
· Content management systems such as SportsEngine, WordPress, Drupal
· Experience with QA and testing
· Problem solving skills / Troubleshooting
· Deadline focused, detail oriented, well organized and self-motivated
· Experience in IT or applications development a plus
· Managing a direct report or team a plus
· Experience in sports or interest in endurance sports a plus
· Agile, Kanban or other development process models a plus
As part of Wanda Sports Group, The IRONMAN Group® operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series®, Iron Girl®, IRONKIDS®, International Triathlon Union World Triathlon Series races, road cycling events including the Velothon® Series, mountain bike races including the Absa Cape Epic®, premier running events including the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon and The Sun-Herald City2Surf® presented by Westpac, trail running like Ultra-Trail Australia™, and other multisport races. IRONMAN’s events, together with all other Wanda Sports Holdings events, provide more than a million participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings.
The iconic IRONMAN® Series of events is the largest participation sports platform in the world. Since the inception of the IRONMAN® brand in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines at the world’s most challenging endurance races. Beginning as a single race, The IRONMAN Group has grown to become a global sensation with more than 230 events across 57 countries. For more information please visit www.ironman.com
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.