REPORTS TO: VP, Digital Platforms & Content
DIRECT REPORTS: Director, Video Content; Production Manager
The Executive Producer is responsible for helping build and drive the vision for the business around our established storytelling tradition and across all forms of broadcast and digital media. This will include managing relationships across IRONMAN brands and partners to create engaging content. You will own the execution of the product through all phases of the development cycle, from concepting, pre-production, management and live operations. The successful candidate will have a strong mix of creative, technical, innovative and managerial experience within the broadcasting, digital, and preferably, endurance sports category.
As Executive Producer, you will be hands-on in the development of new shows, and also play a leadership role within the department by managing a high-performing team.
· Help develop and drive the vision for our content production around multiple products and formats, including short-form social content, digital webisodes, live coverage, and TV broadcasts/series.
· Manage the production of the IRONMAN World Championship live coverage, Emmy-award winning documentary-style TV show on NBC, and IRONMAN: Quest for Kona TV series distributed on NBC Sports.
· Manage the production of owned and sponsored content for the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series, other running events, and our cycling and mountain biking series.
· Oversee the development and production of successful content programs through understanding best in class content production process, analytics, creative, and the competitive marketplace.
· Work with your team to ensure quality execution of live coverage, including optimization and monetization as well as applicable strategies for testing new concepts.
· Manage the day-to-day activities of a production team while maintaining close communication with external developers to ensure they meet deadlines, objectives and quality standards.
· Manage, develop, train and inspire team members while creating strong positive relationships with the entire staff, including peers and key partners.
· Look for additional opportunities to develop new shows and content, leveraging advanced technologies and a deep understanding of the constantly evolving marketplace, including emerging platforms and marketplaces.
· Work closely with the digital publishing and technology teams, leveraging data science, athlete insights, market feedback, as well as platform and channel expertise to drive effective go to market strategies.
· 8+ years relevant work experience including a minimum of 4 years’ experience as a Producer or Director developing digital interactive products.
· 4+ years’ experience managing production teams.
· Must have a passion for storytelling and drawing emotion from content
· Understanding of key metrics for broadcast and digital
· Strong track record overseeing published products, live operated services
· Proven track record in building highly effective interpersonal business relationships
· Ability to project manage and work effectively under deadlines and in complex business environments through collaboration and utilizing supporting and partner teams.
· Must be willing and able to travel both domestically and internationally
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.