The Event Manager will be positioned to be a vital part of the IRONMAN Coaching and Coaching Department. The ideal candidate for this position should have a fervent passion for events, specifically on-site triathlon related events. You will be asked to provide complex problem solving, leadership and commitment to excellence. The Event Manager will be tasked with managing all events related to Training Camps, Coach Education Events and Major Race Experiences that involve the Coaching and Training Department.
- Thoroughly vetting event requirements while ensuring adherence to all appropriate regulations and policies.
- Serve as the primary liaison from load in to load out for all aspects of the event. Inform and follow-up with all internal and external contacts on requested needs and last-minute changes.
- Work within event budget to plan, staff appropriately, and source event needs. Can analyze and explain variances and report results to the Senior Manager. Maintains databases of information used in budgeting events.
- Work with Senior Manager in setting personal and departmental goals. Leads intradepartmental meetings to ensure goals are met and event requirements are communicated as well as soliciting feedback to improve processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of increasingly responsible experience in event management in sports.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in business, facility management, event management, hospitality management, marketing or related field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Tenacious work ethic and strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize and to promptly react to difficult situations in an effective manner. Flexible and creative when dealing with last minute requests/changes with events.
- Must be able to complete projects on schedule with a minimum amount of supervision and direction.
- Must have a flexible schedule and the ability to work long hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to travel to approximately 10-12 events per year.
- Must have the physical ability to work both inside and outside of event locations during all seasons of the year and possible extreme weather conditions.
- Proficiency in MS Windows and Office Suite is required.
- Ability to stand/sit/walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift/push/pull 30 lbs. on a regular basis.
The iconic IRONMAN® Series of events is the largest participation sports platform in the world. Since the inception of the IRONMAN® brand in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines at the world’s most challenging endurance races. Beginning as a single race, IRONMAN has grown to become a global sensation with more than 230 events across 57 countries. For more information, please visit www.ironman.com
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.