This position is responsible for the scheduling, setup, execution, delivery and reporting of all email efforts for the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series and IRONMAN. The ideal candidate should be a proactive source of innovative techniques for segmentation, targeting, and optimization to best match email messaging for multiple brands and product lines. This position will report on email effectiveness to both Marketing appropriate stakeholders after each campaign, and should be able to communicate technical performance to a widely-varied audience.
• Develop and traffic the email-marketing calendar
• Ensure timely and accurate execution of email marketing campaigns
• Develop effective list segmentation to increase click-through rates & effectiveness of marketing efforts
• Work with Design/Marketing Departments to develop templates & assist in writing & editing of copy
• Generate reports on each project to show effectiveness of each email marketing campaign and make recommendations on improving results
• Develop email automation programs to reduce the volume of manual campaigns
• Implement A/B testing protocol to test and improve open and click-thru rates
• Complete final test and QA on all emails for compatibility with web browsers and email clients; ensuring all links, images, subject lines and list segments are correct
• College degree in Business, Marketing, or 3-5 years relevant work experience preferred
• 2-4 years experience in Direct marketing/ E-Commerce with primary focus on email marketing campaigns to build direct to consumer sales.
• Experience with Enterprise or SMB level ESP or marketing automation software such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, iContact, Exactarget, Silverpop, Responsys, Marketo, or Pardot required with Marketo preferred
• Experience with Google Analytics and Worpress strongly preferred
• Experience with HTML, CSS, Adobe Photoshop, and Microsoft Office preferred
• Familiarity with multi-channel marketing concepts