We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented eCommerce Coordination Intern to join our team. This is a hands-on position focused on day-to-day eCommerce responsibilities for the IRONMAN, Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon, AWMM and UTMB Merchandise Stores.
The eCommerce Coordination Intern role will provide candidates with a comprehensive understanding of the processes and procedures driving the online customer merchandise purchase experience.
Through the development of marketing plans and assets for Store promotions, building and modifying product catalogs for online sales, and understanding customer service processes and the development and implementation of best practices for online sales, candidates will be provided with a front-to-back understanding of the scope and breadth of maintaining multiple Brand Stores across various disciplines.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities Essential Functions:
1. Assist in building and update new product listings according to company product standards across all eCommerce sales channels.
2. Assist with the maintenance of product attributes including title, description, sku, price, size chart, weight, material content, meta data, and other information as required.
3. Assist with Proofreading and validating all content, paying close attention to detail.
4. Assist with developing item descriptions and key words for Search Engine Optimization.
5. Work with eCommerce Marketing Specialist on implementation and execution of weekly marketing promotions
6. Liaise with warehouse personnel to handle issues with orders, returns, and inventory.
7. Assist with day-to-day customer service inquiries providing exceptional customer service.
8. Acknowledge and resolve customer inquiries in a timely manner while maintaining empathy for the customer and their situation.
9. Work cross-functionally with IT, Finance, and the Merchandise Planning and Product teams.
Job Requirements Education and work experience:
1. High-School Diploma or Equivalent Degree, preferably the candidate would be approaching the completion of a college level degree for future employment consideration.
2. Familiarity with online sales and marketing
3. Familiarity with addressing customer service issues specific to an online retail environment
4. Able to work a flexible schedule remotely, with limited, scheduled on-site meetings as necessary for the facilitation of various duties.
Skills and knowledge:
1. Knowledge and experience with Magento (or similar) eCommerce platform.
2. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
3. Good organizational skills; detail oriented
4. Able to organize and prioritize workload and work independently to meet deadlines.
5. Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities.
6. Proficient with Microsoft Office
7. Knowledge of HTML and CSS a plus.
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and are a reasonable representation of its activities
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.