A central pillar of IRONMAN’s growth plan is to evolve towards a more consumer-centric company. Events will continue to be a key driver of their business, as they have been for decades. The Registration Platform used by IRONMAN is critical in this strategy. This digital journey will touch virtually all parts of the business – marketing, operations, content, IT, CRM, eCommerce, and others. This position will primarily focus on the ownership and management of IRONMAN’s 3rd party registration platform, being the bridge between the vendor and internal business customers / requirements. The position requires cross-functional leadership and regular communication with management and internal/external partners. Structured communication, project management and executive presentation skills are essential. The ideal candidate will also have superior analytical abilities and a track record of finding practical, simple, and creative solutions to complicated problems without sacrificing quality or core functionality.
The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, self-sufficient, and strong in more than one or all of the following areas:
- Product development, including creating and managing a product roadmap, defining the backlog, conducting research and tests, and validating new product features and services that deliver bar-raising customer experiences.
- Partner management, including developing external partnerships to create and enhance our product offerings to our customers.
- Operations partner, understanding the unique requirements of different brands and regions we operate under
- Marketing partner, engagement with developing analytical frameworks to understand our customers' behaviors and patterns and designing robust experimental test to continuously challenge champion strategies.
- Project management, including creating business justifications and functional requirements for product features and services.
- People management, including setting direction and maintaining a high performance bar for a team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will own the Registration Platform as a Product Owner of a 3rd party software tool
- You will be the voice & champion of the consumer and internal customer by driving the growth of the digital platform in a methodical orderly way
- You will work closely with operations, engineering, coaching, sales, marketing, merchandise, and other departments to ensure the product meets IRONMAN’s and our consumers expectations. The position is cross-functional and requires a high level of collaboration with different departments and different levels
- You will establish and track clear KPIs to understand what is performing, what is not and adapting the overall strategy
- You lead the planning and implementation of multiple project plans and programs while being accountable for ensuring key stakeholder alignment on project scope, budget, resource plan, key milestone management, and risk management
- You own regular status reporting and communications with internal and external teams + internal executives for your programs
- You manage third-party vendor contracts and work efforts under several Technology workstreams
- You direct activities across multiple cross-functional teams, and proactively identify and manage dependencies across them
- You escalate issues and impacts to delivery timelines and work proactively with teams to support the project execution
- You track Delivery metrics for your project teams and champion lessons learned to identify opportunities to tune existing processes to raise the bar
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Able to effectively manage a team and collaborate with a broad cross-functional team of leaders with challenging schedules.
- Expert understanding of digital measurement tools such as Google Analytics
- Managed a product team and proven experience launching new digital products in market (internally or externally)
- Strong project and time management skills ensuring projects are followed through to completion on time and on budget
- Attention to detail and ability to think outside the box to create solutions for a wide array of challenges.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and desire to roll up your sleeves
- Must work well under pressure and be able to manage simultaneous projects.
- Must be willing to commit to long hours at times in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required (MBA preferred)
- 8+ years digital product experience; sports and entertainment or related field preferred
- Experience managing a team and annual budgets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to travel 25% of the time
- Proven ability to influence and manage cross-functional teams without direct authority
- Demonstrated success launching marketing leading products
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.