Director, Global Athlete Development
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, this position is responsible for leading the strategic development of the Athlete Development programs for Triathlon, Running, and Cycling. These programs focus on bringing new athletes to our sports and series. The responsibilities include the development and management of existing programs including All World Athlete Program,
Club Programs, the IRONMAN Become One Program, and other first timer initiatives to increase athlete counts and drive revenue growth. This position is also responsible for leading the development of programs to support and grow our Running portfolio, including the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series, and our new Road Cycling and Mountain Biking portfolio. This leader will manage a team who support critical execution of each program.
• Responsible for managing & developing the IRONMAN portfolio of Athlete Development Programs to attract, retain, and develop athletes throughout our Endurance ecosystem.
• Create and develop programs and initiatives aimed at engaging/growing the number of first timers (across all sports)
• Responsible for the Global Athlete Development function including identification of size and potential of communities within each region (through market research), understanding the athletes journey (measurement and KPI tracking), developing a core knowledge of the Endurance culture at the regional/country level, and working with the regional teams to identify local partners to broaden and deepen engagement.
• Be steadfast in analyzing customer retention issues and acquisition opportunities to drive engagement
• Create and develop a loyalty program across our brands connected on our new digital engagement platform in order to keep athletes within our ecosystem and grow the number of races per racing athlete.
• Manage, develop, adapt existing programs including IRONMAN U (coaching focused), TriClub, Become One and any other programs aimed at growing the number of athletes
• Collaborate with multiple internal and external resources to drive engagement, program growth and incremental registrations per racing athlete
• Work closely with functional leads within Regional and Country teams. Ensure strategies are tactically executed in a creative and timely manner with strong ROI
• Drive programs within the marketing team and partner with Event Marketing, Creative Services, Social Media, Email Marketing, Digital Platforms, and Content.
• Manage annual budget preparation, management and forecasting. Prepare budgets and submit estimates for program costs as part of campaign plan development
• Take ownership of marketing objectives and make recommendations on the allocation of budgets and activities to meet registration and participant satisfaction goals Skills and Knowledge
· Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university, major in marketing, business, communication, or related field preferred
· Experience with athlete programs or relevant marketing initiatives preferred
· Familiarity with running, triathlon and cycling events, event planning and/or race operations preferred
· Personal interest in running, triathlon and/or cycling is a plus
· Passion for IRONMAN – ideal candidate is an athlete and has an understanding of IRONMAN culture
· Strong skills in budgeting, leadership, organization, motivation, team building, communication, listening, analysis and accountability
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.