This position is within the Partnership Services / Global Partnerships, North America Department and is primarily responsible for closely managing and collaborating with IRONMAN and Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series Partners, while supporting the Partner’s strategic goals and objectives. This role is responsible for becoming educated on their partners’ brand objectives, partnership goals, and working to advocate for their partners with our internal team to develop multi-media programming, inclusive of organic and paid social and digital marketing content. Additionally, this position will be responsible for enhancing communications internally and externally (with Partners), along with driving incremental revenue by focusing on executing each account’s strategic plan and activating agreed upon assets.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Be the point of contact for series and title level IRONMAN and Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series North American Partners
2. Provide support to Partner Services Team on key accounts
3. Be the team leader for social and digital planning to include strategy and goal setting
4. Assist with team projects
5. Assist with onsite partner activations
6. Assist team with administrative duties
Education and work experience:
1. Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university.
2. 3-4 Years of Experience in partner service or account management.
Skills and knowledge:
· Excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and handle work-related stress.
· Must be able to travel on an as needed basis to visit accounts and attend IM and RnR events
· Must have a knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
· Knowledge of Kore is helpful, but training is provided
· Excellent organizational, leadership, and interpersonal communication
· Ability to build and maintain contacts with potential partners and sponsors
· Remain calm and professional in stressful situations
· Detail-oriented and work effectively under pressure while meeting all applicable deadlines
· Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision
· Recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve routine problems
· Ability to establish and maintain professional atmosphere for employees, clients and customers
· Demonstrate an effective team building mentality
As part of Wanda Sports Group, The IRONMAN Group® operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series®, Iron Girl®, IRONKIDS®, International Triathlon Union World Triathlon Series races, road cycling events including the Velothon® Series, mountain bike races including the Absa Cape Epic®, premier running events including the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon and The Sun-Herald City2Surf® presented by Westpac, trail running like Ultra-Trail Australia™, and other multisport races. IRONMAN’s events, together with all other Wanda Sports Holdings events, provide more than a million participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings.
The iconic IRONMAN® Series of events is the largest participation sports platform in the world. Since the inception of the IRONMAN® brand in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines at the world’s most challenging endurance races. Beginning as a single race, The IRONMAN Group has grown to become a global sensation with more than 230 events across 57 countries. For more information please visit www.ironman.com
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.