Reporting to the VP of Enterprise Services, the DBA III is responsible for creating and supporting database solutions and high availability. The DBA III will work directly with data from global IRONMAN events, eCommerce and financial data in a highly dynamic environment where creativity, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills are valuable assets. The qualified applicant will work closely with senior IT staff utilizing cutting-edge database technologies, system integrations, and Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Build database systems of high availability and quality
- Design and implement database’s in accordance to business requirements
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- Build and maintain Job Scheduler system
The right candidate will:
- Have strong foundation in programming and database concepts
- Demonstrate problem solving and creative skills
- Communicate effectively with globally distributed teams, in various time zones
- Keep a positive, but realistic, attitude even under pressure
- Be pro-active and passionate about learning new technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field such as Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience (6-10 years)
- Good technical problem solving and interpersonal skills necessary to assist others in problem resolution
- Able to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Understand, read, and write SQL queries, stored procedures, triggers and Views (MSSQL Server experience strongly preferred)
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs, with advanced Excel skills highly desired
- Ability to understand data models and work with large datasets
- Previous experience with, or rapid ability to learn, different operational systems including Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Experience with Business Intelligence and Analytics tools such as Tableau, qlik, PowerBI, Microstrategy, Cognos or similar is a plus
As part of Wanda Sports Group, The IRONMAN Group® operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series®, Iron Girl®, IRONKIDS®, International Triathlon Union World Triathlon Series races, road cycling events including the Velothon® Series, mountain bike races including the Absa Cape Epic®, premier running events including the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon and The Sun-Herald City2Surf® presented by Westpac, trail running like Ultra-Trail Australia™, and other multisport races. IRONMAN’s events, together with all other Wanda Sports Holdings events, provide more than a million participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings.
The iconic IRONMAN® Series of events is the largest participation sports platform in the world. Since the inception of the IRONMAN® brand in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines at the world’s most challenging endurance races. Beginning as a single race, The IRONMAN Group has grown to become a global sensation with more than 230 events across 57 countries. For more information please visit www.ironman.com
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.