Reporting to the IT Manager, CRM & Business Intelligence, the Data Engineer II is responsible for developing and supporting database solutions and reports.
The Data Engineer II will work directly with data from global IRONMAN events, eCommerce and financial data in a highly dynamic environment where creativity, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills are valuable assets.
The qualified applicant will work closely with senior IT staff utilizing cutting-edge database technologies, system integrations, and Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Provide analysis and resolution of data processing issues, process validation, reporting, data pulls, and perform first-tier end-user support
- Typical items may include writing queries, stored procedures and functions; SSRS report creation and modification; investigation of errors or problems; creating and modifying databases, creating and modifying SSIS solutions; creating and monitoring SQL jobs
- Validate and ensure the consistency of data across different systems
- Ensure timely data configuration/data mapping for system integrations
- Create advanced queries and marketing lists using Microsoft Dynamics CRM
The right candidate will:
- Have strong foundation in programming and database concepts
- Demonstrate problem solving and creative skills
- Communicate effectively with globally distributed teams, in various time zones
- Keep a positive, but realistic, attitude even under pressure
- Be pro-active and passionate about learning new technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field such as Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience (3 - 6 years)
- Good technical problem solving and interpersonal skills necessary to assist others in problem resolution.
- Able to work in a fast paced, team environment.
- Understand, read, and write SQL queries, stored procedures, triggers and Views (MSSQL Server experience strongly preferred)
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs, with advanced Excel skills highly desired
- Ability to understand data models and work with large datasets
- Previous experience with, or rapid ability to learn, different operational systems including Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Experience with Business Intelligence and Analytics tools such as Tableau, qlik, PowerBI, Microstrategy, Cognos or similar is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.