In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The IRONMAN Group operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll® Running Series, IRONKIDS®, World Triathlon Championship Series, Epic Series™ mountain bike races including the Absa Cape Epic®, road cycling events including Haute Route®, and other multisport races.
The IRONMAN Group is the largest operator of mass participation sports in the world and provides more than a million participants annually with the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings. Since the inception of the iconic IRONMAN® brand and its first event in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines around the world. Beginning as a single race, The IRONMAN Group has grown to become a global sensation with hundreds of events across 55+ countries. For more information about The IRONMAN Group visit: www.ironman.com.
At The IRONMAN Group, our mission is to celebrate the power of the human spirit, fulfill dreams and uplift communities by organizing world-class events and extraordinary athletic experiences, globally. We accomplish this through our amazing staff across the globe who are committed to our core values - Heart, Excellence, Ambition, Respect and Teamwork (HEART).
The IRONMAN Group is seeking an energetic and creative communications intern to support the overall communication strategies for all of The IRONMAN Group’s brands which includes the Rock ’n’ Roll Running Series, UTMB World Series events and other events in the portfolio. The ideal candidate is confident, driven, willing to learn, and interested in the crossover of traditional media and new media within the growing endurance sports industry.
*This is a remote position. This internship opportunity is unpaid and for college credit only.
- Support the North American Communications team on media efforts for all The IRONMAN Group brands
- Assist in writing and editing press releases, media advisories & media pitches as well as various other press materials
- Assist with the media credentialing process (organizing requests)
- Assist with daily media clip recaps
- Research and find compelling human-interest stories to promote through various mediums
- Build and maintain media lists for event markets
- Monitor and organize media placement reports
- Handle incoming press requests with guidance from the senior staff
Skills and Knowledge
- Keen attention to detail and time management skills.
- Journalism, marketing, digital media major desired but not required.
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Working knowledge of full Microsoft suite, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.