The Business Analyst position is well suited for someone interested in working within a fast-paced environment. His/Her focus will be on a full range of activities that support strategic business goals as it relates to IT. The BA will be viewed as an expert on the process and best practices for conducting requirements practices in World Triathlon Corporation’s organization. The Business Analyst will work closely with corporate-wide senior business sponsors and technical partners to define, obtain approval for, and manage requirements and solutions for internal clients/business users.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Maintain an awareness of how a business operation works and help the stakeholders explore technology possibilities to more effectively execute on their roles.
- Elicit, analyze, document and validate requirements through industry recognized Business Analysis techniques.
- Achieve consensus and obtain sign-off from key stakeholders on the requirements documents, including current and proposed systems, processes, data, reports, dashboards, and business rules.
- Advise the development, testing and production support teams as needed, providing requirements knowledge and subject matter expertise to the teams performing these functions.
- Tackle projects across multiple domains and handle new business domains with the same level of confidence as familiar ones.
- Ensure that changes to requirements are understood, agreed to and incorporated via a Change Control process.
- Follow standard process and documentation standards and best practices to produce deliverables.
- Continuously increase his/her business subject matter expertise and technical platform knowledge and become a trusted advisor to the various business stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science or related degree, with expertise in Business and Data Analysis
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Must have Business Analysis experience with complex systems
- Must have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and proven ability to liaise with business users, developers, stakeholder analysts and management
- Detailed oriented with the ability to create, document and/or follow process flows, activity diagrams and other visual representation of complex requirements.
- Must have an analytical business background and demonstrated ability to identify, analyze, interpret, and deliver sound analysis, solutions and business intelligence
- Must have ability to collaborate and solve difficult problems, combining the ability to prioritize and function well in a dynamic environment
- Must have solid organization, negotiation, analysis skills with demonstrated ability to deliver on multiple assignments, meet tight deadlines, and be effective and decisive under pressure
- Excellent written/oral communication with the ability to write effective documents and work with manager on making effective presentations
- Possesses understanding of business environment and demonstrates good decision making skills: escalate conflicting issues when they arise, possess knowledge of how and when to follow through on issues and what method is most appropriate (email, meeting, phone)
- Demonstrates willingness to contribute to overall team success by participating in projects that will enhance the team capabilities
- Enjoys working collaboratively on multi-functional teams
- Manages time accurately and effectively
- Attention to detail and good follow through
- Flexible, organized, and able to handle competing priorities
Key Performance Measures:
- Successful delivery of assigned tasks and projects
- Excellent customer service feedback by internal team and business contacts
- Positive contribution to the organization beyond the scope of normal responsibilities
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.