Job Description Coordinator Athlete Services Support:
The Athlete Services Support Coordinator is responsible for overseeing part of the athlete experience (including side events), from the setup of on-line registrations, athlete queries, website management, bib allocation, athlete communication via e-mails, warehouse management and post-race shipping. They must work closely with Functions and warehouse manager, the Athlete Services Coordinators/Managers, Race Director, Operations team, and Marketing team to ensure a smooth experience for athletes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Plan registration openings
- Set up registrations in Active.
- Coordinate & align with Operations & Marketing/Communications
- Work with travel agencies for entries
Communication to Athletes
- Answer incoming emails and phone calls.
- Athlete mailings and communications
- SLA (Service Level agreement): all tickets must be answered within 2 business days.
Website & Social Media Assist
- Make sure content is consistent across all platforms and up to date.
- Assist on social media updates when required or have information to be announced (posts always made by the PR/Marketing department)
- Answer DMs to social accounts
Understand and work with IT Modules.
- Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.)
Execute post event procedure.
- Coordinate shipping of registration materials lost & found, etc. after each event.
- Resolving any shipping issues from events
Support the Athlete Services Coordinators/Managers
- Handles all post-race shipping/organization of Athlete Services items in warehouse
- Helps with pre-race shipping of AS items from warehouse
- Non-retail print Orders (sends to Manager/Director for approval/submission)
- Helps with inboxes race week/PTO of AS coordinators (can travel as needed, but mainly non-travel position)
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Team player à able to work and lead a team (volunteers)
- Good communication skills
- Adapt to changes and solve problems.
- Prioritizing Tasks and be well organized.
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Travel and work in sport events on weekends
- Bachelor's degree or vocational school ideally in administration, economy, sport, endurance/event business
- Internship in sport event area, customer service
- Projects studies
- (Experience in sports or customer service projects is valuable.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.