ATHLETE SERVICES COORDINATOR
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Event Services Manager
This position is primarily responsible for providing Customer Service, event planning & execution, database management and website maintenance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities Essential Functions:
- Handle all athlete inquires via email or phone pre and post events and in person.
- Take action to resolve any complaints, issues or problems.
- Enforce WTC rules including withdraw policies.
- Keep record of special circumstances leading up to and during event week.
- Establish a working relationship with the race director, volunteer coordinator, and on-site staff.
- Take appropriate actions to ensure athlete has a memorable experience during event week.
- Confer with athletes via telephone or in person in order to provide pertinent information.
- Take action to resolve any athlete complaints, issues, or problems.
- Recommend improvements in services and procedures to prevent future problems.
Athlete Check-In and Race Weekends
- Oversee all aspects of athlete check-in including packet and bag stuffing and collection/verification of USAT.
- Training of volunteers to aid in check-in process. Maintaining an organized and timely process to get athletes checked in as quick and accurately as possible.
- Ensure signature of all waivers.
- Slot allocation and roll down including receiving payment for qualifying events.
- Oversee onsite registration and training of associated volunteer staff.
- Assist staff on race day on an as needed basis per the Athlete Director and Operations Manager.
- Ship waivers, race swag and post-race materials to the appropriate offices (specific offices TBD).
- Develop Athlete Check-in layout in order to maximize efficiency.
- Handle all questions, concerns and issues throughout the Athlete check-in process.
- Oversee all aspects of Athlete Check-in.
- Train volunteers to aid athletes throughout the check-in process.
- Responsible for collecting, balancing, & depositing required USA Triathlon one-day license fees (fees are due within 15 business days of event).
- Assigned specific events to manage prior to triathlon season opening.
- Responsible for managing all aforementioned duties for that specific list of events.
- Point of contact for all questions, concerns, and requests regarding all of your team lead events throughout the duration of triathlon season.
- Management of fellow co-workers and volunteers during event week.
- Event Assist is responsible for traveling to designated events and assisting Team Lead on all tasks and duties during event week.
Slot Allocation & Roll-down
- Handle distribution of World Championship slots during the scheduled times.
- Distribute remaining slots via Roll-down.
- Work with Project Coordinator on the receiving the correct spreadsheet with passwords, as well as qualification letters. ? Receive slot allocation distribution spreadsheet and results from timing.
- Submit completed spreadsheet to Project Coordinator within 5 days.
- Oversee onsite registration process for following years event.
- Update, print and distribute on-site registration letters and volunteer instructions per event once approved by Athlete Services Manager.
- Monitor computers and make sure they are working properly after each use – notify Athlete Service Manager of any issues.
- Maintain registrant and event databases.
- Create reports and statistics for various departments on an as-needed basis.
- Ensure correct refund policies are upheld.
Register and upload complimentary, professional and sponsorship entries and keep detailed records of each category.
- Work directly with Race Directors to insure pertinent information is passed along.
- Provide Information Services team with athlete information to aid in the correct ordering of supplies for events.
- Update event participant lists on a monthly basis.
- Provide Timing with downloads for bib assignments.
- Provide Communications Event Lead with final download for the medical database.
- Work with Tri Club liaison on Tri Club participant list (including bib numbers).
- Working with Race Director to collect information for event spotlight.
- Coordinate with Editorial Information Coordinator and Social Media Coordinator to create spotlight pieces for each race lead by coordinator (established races will need to have edited material each year so that the same spotlight is not reused year after year)
- Manage registrants and event databases for WTC.
- Correspond and maintain relationship with Active.com Representative.
- Pull requested reports & statistics for various departments.
Register and upload complimentary, professional, and sponsorship entries.
- Responsible for programs and applications: Active.com, ZenDesk, Microsoft Outlook, Google Documents & Microsoft Office
- Upon request withdraw athletes from events and issue appropriate refund.
- Keep records of athlete interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
Event Website Maintenance
- Responsible for monitoring the athlete information content on all WTC owned event websites to ensure provided information is correct.
- Work with Website Editorial Content Coordinator to updated accurate event specific information.
- Work with Race Director on team lead events to make sure athlete information content is correct on event specific websites.
Athlete Supply Orders
- Work with Information Services Coordinator to determine appropriate order numbers for Athlete materials. ?
- Responsible for materials arriving within delivery window.
- Conduct market research to improve company processes.
- Brainstorm and implement new programs into the Ironman brand.
- Create and maintain project databases.
- Develop and maintain a department wide standard of communication between Ironman employees and athletes.
- Coordinate with Race Director and Editorial Information Coordinator to develop team lead event specific feature articles to be showcased weekly on the www.ironman.com homepage.
Education, work experience and skills:
1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Vast knowledge of present industry sports trends and understanding of industry benchmarks.
3. Experience in project management and event coordination.
4. Demonstrated ability in leading and mentoring a team to achieve results.
5. Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills.
6. Problem analysis and problem resolution at a functional level.
7. Ability to think strategically, organize and manage multiple priorities.
8. Demonstrated commitment to company values and mission.
9. Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
10. Demonstrated professional ethics and demeanor at all times.
11. Ability to travel nationally at events.
12. Ability to lift 25-30 pounds.