This is an entry-level position responsible for executing athlete loyalty programs for Rock ‘n’ Roll events. This position will also serve in a broad capacity for all of Athlete Services which includes the customer service of all IRONMAN, IRONMAN 70.3 and Rock ‘n’ Roll events, leading up to, during and post-race.
ESSTENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Ensure proper execution (both customer facing and back-end) of the Heavy Medals and TourPass athlete loyalty programs for Rock ‘n’ Roll races. This includes maintaining loyalty program enrollment and execution of membership benefits.
· Work with Data Specialist on pulling the appropriate reports pre and post-race and distribute lists to the necessary team members.
· Travel to Rock ‘n’ Roll events to execute the Heavy Medals program and assist elsewhere onsite as needed.
· Submit preliminary reports to mail house to obtain quotes for all shipping and labor costs.
· Ensure timely payment to mail house via Accounts Payable to keep post-race mailing on schedule.
· Create an internal execution schedule of all Heavy Medal deadlines.
· Handle all incoming inquiries for both Heavy Medals and TourPass programs including email and phone.
· Create, manage and update the inventory tracking spreadsheet for all medals in the Heavy Medals program. Place reorders via vendor on an as-needed basis. Work with Marketing team on the launch of the following year’s programs
· Update athlete information in the appropriate databases
· Become educated on IRONMAN, IRONMAN 70.3 and Rock ‘n’ Roll event series and policies to provide the best customer service experience to athletes.
· Assist with the general email inboxes for IRONMAN, IRONMAN 70.3 and Rock ‘n’ roll events
· Assist the Event-Specific Athlete Services Coordinators with customer service and onsite execution of Athlete Check-In and Slot Allocation for various events in the Americas.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Analytical - Collects and researches data, uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, works well in group problem solving situations, uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Project Management - Develops project plans, coordinates projects, communicates changes and progress, completes projects on time and budget.
· Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses, pursues training and development opportunities, strives to continuously build knowledge and skills, shares expertise with others.
· Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance, meets commitments.
· Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality, listens to others without interrupting, keeps emotions under control, remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
· Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listens and gets clarification, responds well to questions, demonstrates group presentation skills, participates in meetings.
· Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively, edits work for spelling and grammar, varies writing style to meet needs, presents numerical data effectively, able to read and interpret written information.
· Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives, supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
· Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others, inspires and motivates others to perform well, effectively influences actions and opinions of others, accepts feedback from others, gives appropriate recognition to others.
· Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; makes self-available to staff.
· Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
· Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget, develops and implements cost-saving measures, contributes to profits and revenue, conserves organizational resources.
· Ethics - Treats people with respect, keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, upholds organizational values.
· Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures, completes administrative tasks correctly and on time, supports organization's goals and values, benefits organization through outside activities, supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
· Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals, understands organization's strengths & weaknesses, analyzes market and competition, identifies external threats and opportunities, adapts strategy to changing conditions.
· Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment. supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process, makes timely decisions.
· Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals, demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles, measures self against standard of excellence, takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
· Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, plans for additional resources. Sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and his or her tasks, develops realistic action plans.
· Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of his or her status or position, accepts responsibility for own actions, follows through on commitments.
· Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Quantity - Meets productivity standards, completes work in timely manner, strives to increase productivity, works quickly.
· Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures, determines appropriate action beyond guidelines, reports potentially unsafe conditions, uses equipment and materials properly.
· Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, changes approach or method to best fit the situation, able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time, ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent, arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions, keeps commitments, commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals, completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
· Initiative - Volunteers readily, undertakes self-development activities, seeks increased responsibilities, takes independent actions and calculated risks, looks for and takes advantage of opportunities, asks for and offers help when needed.
Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity, meets challenges with resourcefulness, generates suggestions for improving work, develops innovative approaches and ideas, presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.