This position is primarily responsible for providing support to the Merchandise Planning Team with executing merchandise daily duties that support the overall financial objectives of the company. This position will also be responsible for working with the Planner to execute merchandise strategies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather and consolidate historic sales and inventory
- Prepare basic projections and recommendations for key items and collections
- Prepare meaningful recommendations for plan changes and strategies.
- Supports Merchandise Planners with daily duties
- Responsible for SKU set up and maintenance for products
- Create new SKUs, process requests including cost and retail changes
- Standardize data elements
- Execute uploads of new items and changes to Inventory Management system.
- Track and ensure all products that ships to each event arrives on-time and communicates to planning team, warehouse or vendors regarding missing products, missing boxes, and any other errors
- Support other Ironman merchandise team members, work collaboratively with Merchandise Event Coordinators to ensure the continued success of each event.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all company associates and business contacts in a timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of service, support and follow through to Merchandise Planners
Education and work experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in Marketing or Business related
- 1-2 years of inventory management, retail buying, and/or financial planning experience preferred
- Able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
Skills and knowledge:
- Good organizational skills; detail oriented
- Strong analytical skills
- Understanding of retail financial measurements
- Able to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.