In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The IRONMAN Group operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN® Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN® 70.3® Triathlon Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll® Running Series, IRONKIDS®, World Triathlon Championship Series, Epic Series™ mountain bike races including the Absa Cape Epic®, road cycling events including Haute Route®, and other multisport races.
The IRONMAN Group is the largest operator of mass participation sports in the world and provides more than a million participants annually with the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings. Since the inception of the iconic IRONMAN® brand and its first event in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE® by crossing finish lines around the world. Beginning as a single race, The IRONMAN Group has grown to become a global sensation with hundreds of events across 55+ countries. For more information about The IRONMAN Group visit: www.ironman.com.
At The IRONMAN Group, our mission is to celebrate the power of the human spirit, fulfill dreams and uplift communities by organizing world-class events and extraordinary athletic experiences, globally. We accomplish this through our amazing staff across the globe who are committed to our core values - Heart, Excellence, Ambition, Respect and Teamwork (HEART).
Reporting to the Vice President (VP), Business Intelligence (BI), Strategy & Analytics the Account Executive, Expo Sales will be responsible for driving Expo revenue for all of The IRONMAN® Group properties within their assigned region(s). The Account Executive, Expo Sales is expected to drive revenue growth through achieving the company objectives of sales-growth and profitability while aligning The IRONMAN Group with app brands and partners.
The Account Executive, Expo Sales will engage in prospecting, research, and client development efforts that support consistent business growth and comply with internal sales tracking and reporting requirements. This position is responsible for contributing to the company objectives of revenue growth and profitability.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Researching and prospecting to identify expo sales leads
- Gaining and maintaining working knowledge of our brands and key attributes that drive sales decisions
- Daily outreach to prospects and clients for new and renewal sales business
- Prompt follow ups on any inbound inquiries provided by department leadership
- Logging daily sales activity in tracking system (Currently KORE™ Software in Microsoft Dynamics)
- Learn and comply with contract submission processes to ensure accurate reporting
- Reviewing, analyzing, and discussing weekly reports reviewing weekly sales efforts
- Developing new ideas and programs for sales team to sell and drive revenue
- Identifying and target prospects for your products (brands) within your respective region(s)
- Preparing compelling and creative proposals to attract new business opportunities
- Identifying and attending trade shows to network and prospect for new business opportunities
- Hosting branded functions or face-to-face meetings with clients and/or prospects
- Assisting with Partnership Activation team efforts at events on an as-needed basis
- Liaising with the Partner Services teams regularly to ensure sponsor/vendor satisfaction in and around the event experience
- Building on deliverables according to contract and growing clients into larger programs
Necessary Job Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and/or Adobe Illustrator
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with a focus on Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related focus
- The ability to work-well with others in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Self-starter, independent, creative problem solver, and results-oriented
- Occasional travel, including weekends, may be required several times a year
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- 2+ year’s work experience in a role focused on sales and/or working within a sales team
- Experience working in a Sponsorship Sales & Service activity tracking systems (Microsoft Dynamics, Salesforce, Base, etc.)
- Experience working in mass participation events, or large-scale event management
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.