This position is primarily responsible for global income tax compliance, planning, financial accounting, and tax audits. The position oversees all indirect tax compliance, global transfer pricing and acquisition tax diligence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Interacts with senior management, Heads of Finance, and Parent Company (Advance) with
- regard to all tax matters.
- Liaise and collaborate with Advance Tax on compliance, audits, complex matters, and external
- Leads team of tax professionals in all aspects of global tax provision and compliance activities.
- Manages income tax and indirect tax advisors.
- Provides tax consulting on new licensing arrangements, new country expansion, and acquisition
- Oversees the maintenance of global income and indirect tax calendars.
- Reviews global VAT/GST/sales tax calculations; coordinates with internal bookkeepers to assure
- proper VAT accounting; obtains import VAT licenses and advise company on funds flow for proper VAT reporting.
- Reviews all legal contract, licensing arrangements, and global sponsorships for tax consequences (VAT, PE exposure).
- Oversees transfer pricing analysis; works with legal and external tax advisors to assure global
- entities are adhering to specific country tax laws.
- Works with regional Heads of Finance to ensure statutory accounting and tax filings are being
- performed properly and filed timely.
- Works with the legal department on legal entity restructuring to create a favorable operational and tax structure.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong analytical, research and leadership skills a must.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with staff and senior management across global
- Ten or more years of public accounting or private industry multi-national tax experience required.
- Experience dealing with complex tax accounting issues with multi-national corporations.
- Strong knowledge of U.S., state, and international income and indirect tax law a must.
- Experience with administering transfer pricing.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in accounting from four-year college or university, masters of tax
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.