Fanatics Authentic Jobs
Associate Manager - New Orleans Saints with Fanatics in New Orleans, LA
Sports Jobs in New Orleans, LA
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Facility/Venue Management
As the global leader in licensed sports merchandise, Fanatics is changing the way fans purchase their favorite team merchandise by partnering with top leagues, clubs and soccer brands worldwide to offer the largest collection of timeless and timely gear from every pro and college team online, on your phone, in stadiums or on-site at the world’s biggest sporting events. A top 50 Internet Retailer Company, Fanatics comprises the broadest online assortment by offering hundreds of thousands of officially licensed items via its Fanatics ( www.fanatics.com ), FansEdge (www.fansedge.com ) and Kitbag ( www.kitbag.com ) brands, as well as the largest selection of sports collectibles and memorabilia through Fanatics Authentic ( www.fanaticsauthentic.com ). A multi-channel company, Fanatics operates more than 300 online and offline stores, including the e-commerce business for all major professional sports leagues (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS, PGA), major media brands (NBC Sports, CBS Sports, FOX Sports) and more than 200 collegiate and professional team properties, which include several of the biggest global soccer clubs (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Manchester City). The company's in-venue and event retail portfolio includes the NBA, NHL, NASCAR, Wimbledon, Kentucky Derby, The Ryder Cup, Manchester City, Texas Longhorns, Pittsburgh Pirates and New Jersey Devils, allowing fans to experience a seamless shopping experience across online, mobile and physical store locations.
In conjunction with our General Manager-Retail, the Associate Manager-Retail is responsible for managing functions of on-site store locations, including Master Location Store, as well as, all other event based retail. Includes assisting with all levels of management; Staffing, Revenue Generation; Inventory Control; P&L Accountability; Relationship with Client; etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maximize daily Team Store Revenue; implore customer service levels, restock levels, excellent merchandising techniques, etc. to achieve daily sales goals
- Maximize game day and non-event sales. Utilize all resources to exceed revenue goals at all athletic events; be creative to open new locations and take the product to the fans. Work with organization to gain access to other ancillary events that could yield sales off-site.
- Working with GM and their communication with the buying group help develop a merchandising strategy that consistently changes the look and feel of all locations. Must also be responsible for managing and developing a coherent marketing promotions strategy within the facility in conjunction with all team supplied assets including video, print, social and non-traditional avenues.
- Build a communication pipeline from the associates that enables the buying group to understand the merchandising nuances of your property
- Follow all customer service guidelines (secret shopper); use creative merchandising techniques in the presentation of product; and constantly keep product levels filled, restocked, and rotating to ensure sales at all locations are being maximized.
- Maximize all non-team events in the facility; this includes by not limited to: Concerts; Family Shows; Trade Shows; Special events
- Maintain correct store and event inventory control levels at all times
- Work with to ensure all proper procedures and being followed thru POS system to account for all product/sales/etc
- Work within Venue Operations Manual to follow all proper procedures to ensure all product inventory is accounted; includes, but not limited to receivers, transfers, sales, returns, cycle counts, etc
- Maintain excellent communication with buying team to ensure that correct product mix is being implored and levels of inventory are not being over or under exaggerated.
- Monitor slow moving merchandise and work with GM and the buying team to determine markdown strategies.
- Work within Budgeted guidelines to control all expenses and to achieve all sales goals
- Submit all reports on-time and to correct staff, to ensure all sales and expenses accounted for properly
- Constantly monitor high-level and detail goals to ensure maximum overall profitability
- Develop and maintain close relationship with all organization contacts, not limited too but includes, Marketing, Facilities, Development, Finance, Coaches, etc. within client’s organization.
- Assist the GM to work with all client entities to achieve maximum sales goals, and achieve maximum efficiency on-site.
- Hire/Train/Discipline/Praise and Maximize work efficiency of all employees on staff.
- Communicate effectively to all levels within Fanatics organization
- Locate/Train and maximize work of all NPO groups and event-only staff
- Promote a sales driven culture amongst stadium staff
- Motivate staff to provide the ultimate fan experience, promote both the Team and Fanatics brand, promote exceptional internal/external customer service, promote a fun but sales oriented culture
- Develop and Mentor talent that can grow with the Fanatics in-venue business model
- Work in conjunction with other Fanatics Authentic Retail locations in the market to maximize all business models.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum 2 year college degree; Bachelor’s preferred.
- Stadium management experience preferred
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand and move about the location 8 to 12 hours per day
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?