This is an internship and can be used towards school credit if needed.
The Graphic Design intern will work closely with the Director of Marketing and other various members of the organization and be involved in the day-to-day graphic/visual elements of the Chicago Union. They will gain valuable insight into various aspects of a professional sports organization. This individual will support the team in telling the story of our brand through visually impactful, culturally relevant, and cutting-edge design.
The successful candidate will be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a consistent structure, can-do attitude, and top-notch creative execution. Moreover, this individual must take initiative independently and manage ambiguity while embodying the vision, mission, and core values of the Chicago Union ultimate team.
- Serve as brand creative support on major marketing campaigns, social and sponsorship needs.
- Developing graphics packages for a wide range of media including social, web, email, apparel, outdoor, marketing promotions, and in-game needs
- Maintain quality control of content, and support design strategy and execution
- Organize Game Day media
- Support the team in innovation and staying up to date with trends and best practices
- Ability to manage multiple projects & brands simultaneously while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Required to work on game nights, off-hours, and on weekends when requested
***Must provide a portfolio of work
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications
- Advance software skills required: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro, Bridge)
- Experience in designing static and animated ads for web, social, email, and display
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and have a sense of accountability
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Must reside in the Chicagoland area
- Ability to commit to December - August
Education and Experience
- Currently working towards or have graduated with a degree in Sports Marketing, Graphic Design, or related field
- Prior experience working in an in-house creative team, creative agency, or related, with knowledge and enthusiasm for professional sports
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.