This is an internship and can be used towards school credit if needed.
The Social Media Manager intern will work closely with the Director of Marketing and other various members of the organization and be involved in the day-to-day social content planning and graphic/visual elements of the Chicago Union. They will gain valuable insight into various aspects of a professional sports organization. This individual will support the team in telling the story of our brand through all our social media platforms.
The successful candidate will be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a consistent structure, can-do attitude, and top-notch creative execution. Moreover, this individual must take initiative independently and manage ambiguity while embodying the vision, mission, and core values of the Chicago Union ultimate team.
Developing effective content, promotion, engagement, and conversion strategies.
- Work with senior management to outline a digital brand development program that aligns with overarching team goals and objectives
- Incorporate current trends and “best practices” for social media campaigns
- Establish key performance indicators (KPI) for each platform including: audience growth, reach, engagement, response rate, and fan feedback to measure return on investment (ROI) and program effectiveness
- Recommend budgets for activity to promote/boost content through social advertising
- Identify and evaluate emerging social channels, features, applications, platforms, tools, and strategies; implement when beneficial to strategic objectives
- Create and curate a unique and engaging “story” that compels people to interact with the brand, and ultimately purchase merchandise or attend events hosted by the Union.
Managing day-to-day social media & marketing activities:
- Planning, generating, and publishing relevant, original content daily
- Drafting and distributing fan newsletters and other communications
- Writing game recaps and promotional articles
- Creating editorial calendar and posting schedule – including short term posts like Instagram Stories and Snapchat
- Participating in live videos
- Overseeing design of digital assets to ensure that they are consistent with brand positioning and company values
- Controlling community management - monitoring, reposting, responding to online comments and reviews, etc.
- Building, testing, and optimizing paid social media campaigns
Related marketing duties including, but not limited to:
- Developing sponsorship procurement decks and other materials
- Attending and representing the Union brand at trade events (as needed)
- Assisting with various “photo/video shoots” involving Union athletes, products, and workout facilities (as needed)
- Participating in weekly marketing meetings
- Major in sports marketing or business preferred
- Experience executing and optimizing paid social and SEM campaigns that drive results
- Experience setting up and utilizing Google Analytics
- Experience in Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Must be able to prioritize and juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Incredible attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Must reside in the Chicagoland area
- Ability to commit to December - August
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.