PART TIME ACCOUNTING COORDINATOR
The Accounting Coordinator will support the finance department by ensuring that all financial activity is
entered correctly into USA Water Polo’s (USAWP) accounting system. This role will work with all
departments within the organization to ensure that all invoices are processed accurately. This is a part time opportunity working approximately 20 to 25 hours per week. This is a hybrid position, this position will be required to work in the office in Irvine, CA at least one day per week.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Review expense reimbursements and invoices through SAP Concur tool and ensure that all information is coded accurately and completed properly.
- Review company credit card charges through SAP Concur tool and ensure that all information is coded accurately and completed properly.
- Responsible for entering Accounts Payable into Accounting system and SAP Concur to ensure all information is accurate and completed.
- Work with the High Performance and Sport Growth departments in developing tools to track expenses for team trips and USAWP hosted events to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- Assists Finance Manager with ongoing online payments to vendors.
- Assist in preparing accurate and timely financial reports including but not limited to Department financial packages, monthly financial statements, and forecasts.
- Act as a back-up to processing monthly Membership revenue timely.
- Assists Chief Financial Officer with special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred.
- 1-3 years directly related accounting/ financial management experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Sheets.
- Experience with SAP Concur and QuickBooks preferred.
- Comfortable in a “hands on” work environment.
- Organizational and multi-tasking abilities; flexibility and ability to adapt to variety in the work environment.
- Ability to manage details and keep thorough records.
- Ability to think creatively and share ideas proactively.
- Strong communication skills both in writing and interpersonal/relationship-building skills.
- Self-starter able to manage individual task lists and projects with minimal direction.
Rate of Pay - $22.00 to $24.00 per hour
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.