USA Swimming is the National Governing Body for the sport of swimming in the United States. We promote the culture of swimming by creating safe and healthy opportunities for athletes and coaches of all backgrounds to participate and advance in the sport through clubs, events, and education. Our membership is comprised of swimmers of every age and ability, all the way up to the Olympic Team, as well as coaches, officials, and volunteers.
USA Swimming is responsible for selecting and training teams for international competition, including the Olympic Games, and administer competitive swimming in accordance with the Ted Stevens Olympic & Amateur Sports Act.
The Coordinator, Social Media is responsible for coordinating social media efforts across multiple social media platforms to help spread awareness about USA Swimming, USA Swimming Foundation, events, and outreach. The Coordinator, Social Media will work to create engaging content and partner across the organization to help utilize the tools of social media to promote the USA Swimming brand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate USA Swimming’s social media efforts across all social media platforms.
- Partner with other departments and divisions on content creation.
- Utilize social media platforms to share USA Swimming and USA Swimming Foundation news, events, and other relevant information.
- Assist the Manager, Digital Content in the planning of the content posting calendar.
- Adhere to established protocols for content creation, social media account creation/management, and content editing and approvals.
- Support USA Swimming’s social media strategy, follower engagement, and influencer outreach objectives.
- Research, develop, and propose content for each platform that engages followers and generates excitement about USA Swimming.
- Provide support at key USA Swimming national events as needed and create promotional material leading up to USA Swimming national events.
- Launch, maintain, and report on social media campaigns.
- Pull data and provide reporting on posts and provide recommendations to help increase following.
- Respond to comments from followers to ensure an exceptional follower experience.
- Research, understand, and utilize key social media trends to optimize content strategy.
- Working with the Commercial Division, actively seek out and propose ways to utilize social media that assist in meeting business objectives.
- Effective October 1, 2021, USA Swimming is requiring all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. In accordance with USA Swimming’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this requirement to safeguard the health and safety of our team members, athletes, coaches, trainers, contractors, and vendors. Any and all job offers will be contingent upon proof of vaccination or an approved exemption from the requirement due to medical or religious reasons
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, related field, or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience overseeing social media for a professional organization; experience working in a sports organization preferred
- Willing to relocate to Colorado Springs, CO
- Experience managing multiple social media platforms simultaneously
- Experience in creating engaging social media content
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time, both domestically and internationally
- Strong understanding of professional social media best practices
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative and creativity with the ability to take, and apply, constructive criticism
- Knowledge of industry trends in digital communications
- Knowledge of the sport of swimming preferred
- Exceptionally strong writing skills
- Ability to work independently to produce high quality work and meet deadlines
- Ability to work productively in fast-paced environment
- Team player with a consistently professional demeanor
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary range for this position is $21.54 - $25.13 / hour
- Bonus Eligibility: Based on company performance, this position may be eligible for an annual bonus target of 5%
- Benefits available include:
o Medical, dental and vision
o Company paid short-term and long-term disability
o Company paid life insurance
o Parental leave
o 401(k) w/ match after 1 year of service
o Profit sharing and safe harbor match after 2 years of service
o 12 paid holidays
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job; other duties may be assigned.
USA Swimming is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.