The Coordinator, Events & Data position will be a part of USA Swimming’s Technical Sport Division, supporting the National Events Team with the online entry process, NCAA data, record management, and other national event projects and assignments. This position will also work collaboratively with the Swimming Web-based Interactive Membership System (SWIMS) Support and Data Teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as the staff lead with USA Swimming’s Online Meet Entry Management System (OME) to include providing internal support and assisting with customer service requests.
- Coordinate, track, and manage the online entry process and participant data through USA Swimming’s OME system for all USA Swimming National Events.
- Provide customer support to USA Swimming and The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Event Directors using USA Swimming’s OME system on the National, Zone and LSC-level.
- Field customer service requests and questions related to National Event entries, meet qualification, and results from USA Swimming members and international event participants.
- Support with data entry and athlete selections for the NCAA Swimming & Diving Championships.
- Lead NCAA communications efforts for season requirements, data and times support.
- Serve as customer service specialist for questions related to NCAA data and times.
- Ensure all NCAA times files are loaded into SWIMS database and assist with the maintenance of the times database.
- Provide administrative support to the SWIMS Data Management and Support Team to include:
- Developing a full understanding of SWIMS software.
- Educate and conduct trainings for end users on how to utilize new member-facing software.
- Work closely with the Times & Recognition Committee to determine Scholastic All-American requirements, order awards, and shipment/distribution of awards.
- Track all World, American, US Open, and National Age Group Records; ship out certificates to record-breaking members.
- Manage international times database and clear error tank entries.
- Provide support to the National Events Team, including:
- Assist with the operations of all national and international competitions held in the United States.
- Create and manage event registration lists. Lead on-site team registration at USA Swimming National Events.
- Manage, track, and log athlete and participant waivers for USA Swimming Championship Events.
- Manage vendor, contractor, and host contracts in relation to national events.
- Produce purchase orders and check requests, obtain required approvals, and submit for processing.
- Travel to support competitive and non-competitive USA Swimming Events as needed.
- Other OME, NCAA, SWIMS, or National Event duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- A “can-do” attitude, professional demeanor, and a passion for sport of swimming and the ideals of the Olympic Movement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced multidisciplinary team environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Team or related software.
- Ability to pass required background screenings and trainings.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in sports management, marketing, information technology, related field, or equivalent.
- Minimum one (1) year experience working experience in event planning, tourism, or hospitality.
- Minimum one (1) year experience working with data management and software support preferred.
- Competitive swimming experience preferred.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be able to travel, both domestically and internationally, up to 20% of the year.
- Must be able to lift up to ten (20) pounds.
- This position works in an office setting in the USA Swimming headquarters office in Colorado Springs, CO; must be willing to relocate to Colorado Springs, CO, or the surrounding area.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary range for this position is $21.54 - $25.00 per hour.
- This position is considered non-exempt and eligible for overtime pay in accordance with FLSA and applicable state regulations.
- Bonus Eligibility: Based on company performance, this position may be eligible for an annual target bonus of 5%
- Benefits available include:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Company paid group term life and AD&D insurance
- Paid Parental leave
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- 401 (k) w/match after 1 year of service
- Profit sharing and safe harbor match after 2 years of service
- 12+ paid holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.