PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Communications intern will be responsible for assisting the Communications Department in all matters relating to USA Softball with a primary focus on grassroots programming and USA Softball National Championship Finals. The internship will also include assisting with communication efforts for various events held at the USA Softball Hall of Fame Complex including the NCAA Women’s College World Series, USA Softball GOLD National Championships and USA Softball Junior Olympic Cup.
- Support general communication efforts, including generating content for various publications and social media platforms with special attention to USA Softball grassroots programming.
- Research and find compelling human-interest stories by working with USA Softball Local Associations.
- Assist with website maintenance for USASoftball.com, including posting news stories and making updates.
- Assist with communication efforts for USA Softball National Championships, including tournament previews, recaps and results.
- Act as the lead for the Communications Department in covering the GOLD Nationals and USA Softball JO Cup.
- Provide event coverage through social media, website updates and recaps.
- Assist in the organization and editing of photos and videos from past and current seasons.
- Work with the Communications Department in creating promotional graphics and videos for grassroots events.
- Provide metrics and report on social media and website analytics to determine the success of content.
- Research various trends to ensure USA Softball bests engages with membership on all digital fronts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work at USA Softball National Office Headquarters in Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Must be able to pass a background check and SafeSport trained upon hiring.
- Superior attention to detail, especially under pressure of deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok, etc.)
- Knowledge of softball and/or sports coverage.
- Knowledge of Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Lightroom, etc.) or Canva Pro.
- Video editing and Photography experience/abilities a plus.
USA Softball Internships are paid positions. These internships do not include any additional benefits (medical/dental insurance, tuition reimbursement, retirement plan, etc.). Two candidates will be selected.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.