The Video Content Creator is responsible for developing video-based content for US Club Soccer's communications and marketing initiatives. We are looking for a creative storyteller who will plan, develop, record, edit and execute video-based content. The Video Content Creator is directly responsible for all phases of video content creation, while continuously collaborating to drive our digital channels.
The ideal candidate has experience shooting and recording video on-site at events, as well as editing existing footage in creative ways for social media, website and email marketing. One day, the Video Content Creator may be shooting video on the sideline of an event. Another day, he/she may be editing footage for a social media campaign. Another day, he/she may be planning and filming a media day-like interview series. And another day, he/she may be editing together a sizzle reel for prospective sponsors.
This is a new position, so while the Sr. Director of Marketing & Communications provides overall direction, the ideal candidate is someone who consistently puts forth his/her best creative ideas, challenges us to think differently and, as a result, helps US Club Soccer accomplish ambitious goals. He/she must also be willing to learn, adapt and anticipate the constant evolution of digital media.
Some travel and evening/weekend work is required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of various creative marketing deliverables, including: videos, animations, motion graphics, music and other multimedia content.
- Manage the entire video content creation timeline, including ideation, storyboarding, shooting, editing, graphics, color and audio correction, and delivery.
- Contribute to the building and refining of US Club Soccer's brand identity, as well as its various programs and initiatives.
- Strategize, develop and maintain content for all of US Club Soccer's platforms, including social media, website and email marketing. This includes diversifying video content, ensuring that all platforms are updated frequently, and reviewing existing content to ensure relevancy and accuracy.
- Prioritize content creation specifically for social media, including Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Contribute to strategies to grow our social media audiences, and stay abreast with trends and algorithms.
- Assist with digitizing content that is traditionally delivered in-person to meet the evolving needs of consumers.
- Contribute to the execution of pre-event, on-site and post-event communications plans.
- Assist with the development of sponsorship decks for prospective and current partners and sponsors.
- Contribute to the development of communications-related reports on an as-needed basis.
- Work collaboratively with staff to develop and refine resources to support membership needs and registration goals.
- Ensure knowledge management and appropriate documentation, and proactively identify areas of refinement or change.
- Operations, project- and event-based support on an as-needed basis.
This position requires an individual who is proactive, motivated and organized, of high integrity, and able to work cooperatively in a team environment while representing US Club Soccer in a professional manner. Additional qualifications are as follows:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution, or equivalent previous work experience.
- Proficiency with applicable software programs, such as the Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office and video editing and recording systems. Knowledge of proper usage and licensing requirements for video and music.
- Proficiency with applicable equipment, such as DSLR cameras, lighting, audio, drones, etc.
- Ability to produce and edits multiple projects simultaneously and independently, and produce high-quality output within specific time constraints. Highly refined abilities in time management, prioritization and administration.
- Experience within a sports organization or filming sports is preferred, but not required. Knowledge of soccer is also preferred, but not required.
ABOUT US CLUB SOCCER:
A National Association member of the U.S. Soccer Federation, US Club Soccer fosters the growth and development of soccer clubs to create the best possible development environment for players of all ages.
Anchored by Players First and its five pillars of Club Development, Coaching Development, Player Development, Parent Engagement & Education and Player Health & Safety, US Club Soccer offers registration, league- and cup-based competition platforms, player identification and a variety of other programming, resources and services.
US Club Soccer's Marketing & Communications Department, specifically, champions the brand, creates best-in-class content and catalyzes the organization. At our core, we are: storytellers, collaborative, creative, insatiably curious, brand ambassadors, voracious media consumers and detail-obsessed.